Who Has Seen King Kong The New Movie

moroni

i got to see the king kong movie and i think it was the best movie of the decade. it surpases the original. but it still stays true to it. if you have seen it tell how you feel about it. i think the coolest thing is that in the original the girl hates king kong and she never wants to be with him. in the new one they love each other and she tries to stop the aviation from killing kong.

it was definitely very cool. but i had a migrane going into it and... well... fill in the blanks. but i was totally scared the natives totally freaked me out like no other. ya, it is sweet how she learns to love him, and you seriously feel for king kong. you start to like him. i love how it totally divides nature and civilization... there is hardly any talking in the nature section - all animation and music. it was great, except for the splitting headache.

I liked all of it except for the bug scenes... way too gross for me and I think it would have been a much better movie overall if they had just left that part out.

And I was especially impressed by the scenes on top of the Empire State building... I actually felt like I was up there with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the part when Kong and the girl are running through the city trying to get away from the army (that's who they are, right?). But they take a break in the park and have fun on the frozen pond (or whatever it was). It was like a moment of peace and joy before Kong's final hour.

I loved King Kong. It was over 3 hours long but there's so much going on you don't realize it's that long. Lots of action, great CGI and the last half an hour I spent crying and blowing my nose. I actually had to spend time in the theatre so I didn't go out with my freshly blouched up puffy face. The last time I cried at a movie that way was watching ET (Spielberg). I recommend King Kong - Peter Jackson is one talented fella.

M.