Cheating in the church

justaname

Guest Goose

I read posts in the Advice forum on a fairly regular basis ..

Im curious as to why there are so many people in here who have been in someway involved in an affair. Is it because many of the people in this forum have sought this place out as a refuge or place to seek counsel? Or is adultery more common than I think...

My guess is that it's a place of refuge. You can't talk about these things openly in church so these forums may have to do. Plus there is some anonymity here which isn't the case in church.

As for how common, although I don't have any stats or anything like it, my (again) guess is that it is less common in church. I personally haven't heard of many cases in the wards and branches I've attended but adultery is very common, or seems to be, amongst my work colleagues.

Guest Goose

... problems the saints had BACK THEN with it!! Imagine, men who worked in the field or in a factory or in construction and only showering once a week; women who worked all day and only showered once a week and did they shave their legs??? Doesn’t sound appealing to me!

"only showered once a week and did they shave their legs???" :D I cracked up laughing at that one.

No - I don't read it much at all - it is usually only when the general and gospel threads are so slow that I can't find someone to irritate that I turn to the advice forum and usually I don't irritate people there because people there seem to be reaching out for help. I can tell you that if I needed serious advice about a personal issue, getting it from a message board would be among the last things I did.

Interesting that you wouldnt seek advice from a message board, but you are comfortable doling it out. Might we all be as independent and self-reliant as you are. You must be a real asset here seeking out people to irritate.

Interesting that you wouldnt seek advice from a message board, but you are comfortable doling it out. Might we all be as independent and self-reliant as you are. You must be a real asset here seeking out people to irritate.

Nicely done... sarcasm obviously your strong point but at least you gave it the old college try.

Nicely done... sarcasm obviously your strong point but at least you gave it the old college try.

Perhaps you should proof-read your comments before you post. Your comment would be far more effective if you included the 'not' in there. But hey, I realize you come here only to give advice and impart your wisdom. That being said, I do think the proof reading could come in handy.