How do you know God exists?

curtishouse

Back to the OP's original question: In my late teens and early 20's I doubted the existence of God. I just didn't see how anyone could "know" that something they can't see exists.

Fast forward a few years. I now know without a shadow of a doubt that God exists because I have felt his presence in my heart. It's very hard to explain. It's just something I have felt at times that is unlike any other feeling. I would describe it as an almost overwhelming sense of love that comes from an outside source, but that's just what I felt. I don't know that everyone feels the same exact thing.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am. I said it was subjective.. because for example.. you should not be able to say that I did not nourish the seed long enough, etc.

I completely agree.

It's a no-lose promise for Alma.. if it works he was obviously correct. If the experiment fails, however, the person doing the experiment must be the one who failed. That's not a 'real' experiment at all. That's my point.

Didn't work for me. I didn't like that, so after 10 or 12 years, I bugged God for 3 or 4 weeks until He explained. That did it for me.

Seems to me there are a LOT of reasons the experiment might fail. Worthiness isn't even in it; has nothing to do with it, IMO.

HiJolly