Good News

sgallan

So I wonder whats going to happen to the faith of these people. They were telling the news media that they had prayed for them to be alive, and then when they thought they heard they were alive, they were thanking Jesus for answering their prayers.

Then the truth hit them.

Will they still believe in Jesus? In prayer? In anything? :dontknow:

When it's a person's time to go, they go. Our time on earth is pre-ordained. Even prayers cannot keep someone on earth when their time is up. It's hard to accept sometimes, when you lose a loved one...we're not ready to let go of them. But it is comforting to know that they are in a better place (if they lived right upon the earth), and that we have an opportunity to be with our loved ones in the next life. My heart goes out to those who disbelieve, because they don't have that comfort and surety.

Originally posted by Aristotle@Jan 5 2006, 12:34 PM

My heart goes out to those who disbelieve, because they don't have that comfort and surety.

As one poet put it: "No doubt the Universe is unfolding as it should." The disbelievers in religion don't need a false sense of security. They accept that things are, and things will be regardless.

Originally posted by john doe@Jan 6 2006, 10:33 PM

When it's a person's time to go, they go. Our time on earth is pre-ordained.

Not to change the subject, but you don't actually believe that, do you? It sounds good to try to soothe the pain of the mourners to say this, but I don't think it's strictly true, or even mostly true.

Yes, of course I believe that, or I wouldn't have said it. And yes, I believe it is true.

So, if a person were to commit suicide, it's all good, because it was their time to go? If they had not chosen to kill themself at their appointed time, do you think something else would have happened to them to cause their death? Where's your justification of this belief? Whatever happened to agency? Does a person not have the ability to choose a path that might extend their life? Does a person not have the ability to choose a path that might shorten their life? If a person's time is not up yet but they choose to do stupid things, like driving a car over a cliff, would they still live since it's not their time to die?

The way I see it is that the Lord has a set time for everyone to live, however, people can choose to step off of that path. When someone commits suicide, they are choosing not to follow the plan that the Lord had for them. This might also apply to how healthy we eat. But I believe when someone dies as a result of events which they couldn't control, it was their time to go.

Originally posted by john doe@Jan 7 2006, 01:05 AM

So, if a person were to commit suicide, it's all good, because it was their time to go? If they had not chosen to kill themself at their appointed time, do you think something else would have happened to them to cause their death? Where's your justification of this belief? Whatever happened to agency? Does a person not have the ability to choose a path that might extend their life? Does a person not have the ability to choose a path that might shorten their life? If a person's time is not up yet but they choose to do stupid things, like driving a car over a cliff, would they still live since it's not their time to die?

If a person commits suicide, it is within their appointed time, not God's. My justification comes from my religion. And I think another stupid thing people do is kill their unborn...also not within God's timeline, and totally against His will.

Originally posted by Aristotle@Jan 7 2006, 08:42 AM

And I think another stupid thing people do is kill their unborn...also not within God's timeline, and totally against His will.

Also, if the child was concieved out of wedlock that also could be seen as stepping off of God's time. So to turn around and abort would be sin x2.

But, as a child concieved in lust, I sure am glad Heavenly Father allowed me to be born to a mother who loves me with all her heart.....and a father who does too.

Originally posted by Setheus+Jan 7 2006, 12:07 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Aristotle@Jan 7 2006, 08:42 AM

And I think another stupid thing people do is kill their unborn...also not within God's timeline, and totally against His will.

Also, if the child was concieved out of wedlock that also could be seen as stepping off of God's time. So to turn around and abort would be sin x2.

But, as a child concieved in lust, I sure am glad Heavenly Father allowed me to be born to a mother who loves me with all her heart.....and a father who does too.

How do you know you were conceived in lust...were you there? LOL

Okay, so you agree that many, if not most, people on this earth can change their "time" to go? So it's possible that it may not have been at least some of these miners' "time"? Maybe someone made a mistake or failed to take the appropriate safety measures that might possibly have prevented this tragedy? Maybe it wasn't their "time"?

Originally posted by john doe@Jan 8 2006, 02:34 PM

Okay, so you agree that many, if not most, people on this earth can change their "time" to go? So it's possible that it may not have been at least some of these miners' "time"? Maybe someone made a mistake or failed to take the appropriate safety measures that might possibly have prevented this tragedy? Maybe it wasn't their "time"?

Likewise, anyone who dies from cancer or AIDS has suffered an "untimely" death, due to the negligence of those who are responsible for not finding a cure.