Young Married, Inactive Women

dwellingmissy

Originally posted by Laureltree@Jan 4 2006, 07:36 PM

Dwell,

I'm so.. sorry to hear that. I know how hard it can be sometimes. Just stay strong to what you know to be true and you will make it through. If you ever need to chat just email me.

thanks for the reply. i'm new to this n tried to get in the chat rooms but dont no mot i'm doing. i'm 22 my husband was baptised but didnt even come back. i'm inactive have been properly since i was 18. i have 7 sisters and they nag my mum does my dad does ect ect. i thought if i started chatting again like i used to when i was 16 i might get my drive back. :)

I think if you look at the main forum index page, and scroll down, it shows if there are people currently in the chat room, and there is a link to click which will take you there...so then you can chat 'live'...if you cannot do this, you can either post in the forums or PM any members who you feel you want to speak to on an individual level...

Hi, I’m Winnie.

I was inactive when I was 18 until I was 25 then it was here or there.

I was married to a non-member and there was no encouragement there.

I had a word of wisdom habit as well.

I went back to my entire old ways witch left me feeling unworthy to even attend church.

Then I was blessed with two visiting sisters who took me bumps, and the way I was.

They encouraged me and called sometimes every day. They became my friends and truly sisters. They know my marriage was bed and by then I had four children.

I wanted the best for my children and from encouragement; I went with my small children any way I could find. I smelled like cigarettes and some members even avoided me and whispered behind my back. Like I was deaf or something.

After years of being hooked I quit smoking and what eastern Canadians say "Put my head down in to the wind" and I made it MY Church Not little Molly Mormons or Peter Priesthood but mine. I deserved the right to be there and I took it on as a challenge.

I met with my bishop and set goals even had a calling, a small one but I had one.

Their is a young man YSA age in my ward he was standing in the corner after a set to with his very domineering mother one Sunday. He had not been around much and every time he was active, she took all the credit vocally to groups of members. He was standing up ageist a wall and I walked over to him stood ageist the wall and said, “You know when you do something your mother sees as her accomplishment you need to say to her face to face, “I did it for me” and walk away.

He smiled at me and said, “You saw it when others didn’t”. I smiled and said “We have the same kind of mothers” He is now very active and sits on his own or with other SA’s in sacrament. He is doing much better and his mother’s attitude has changed.

I also told him you really want to bug her I mean really get her, go the exstra mile, shine. :sparklygrin:

Some times, we have to do it for our self’s not for nagging family or any other resins but just for you.

Husbands by the way fallow their wife’s footsteps and I think if you do not nag him, he will do it for himself as well.

Do it for your self not for others, set goals and hanging out here is a good start.

You know one of the other things I did and I highly recommend it is ask the elders to teach you the discussions. I found that I saw the gospel though eyes of the women I had become instead of an 18 year old. Read every thing you can get your hands on church videos as well. You will find the spirit will visit you more offend.

Do not give up on your self.

When an old friend asked me once, “was it that hard coming back to church”?

I had to answer him “Yes” you get a free ride once I think then satin bites at you heals all the way back.

It can be done. Put your head down in to the wind you will come out a stronger member then you ever were I promise.

Email me any time.

Best wishes.