An Understanding Of Apostates

Ray

"Syble",

Im disappointed. You were a nicer person before you met Ari. Clearly she's influenced you for the worse. You're spirit has lowered. That's too bad.

SEE!!! You blame her for who I have become!!! It isn't true you know? I have been on a rough board of antis since I left here and I have also become very tired of the same old stuff being used as if it were good and it isn't. It is rediculous.

I have a lower tolerance for ignorance of truth. I have a lower tolerance for narrow and preset dispositions against the church on LDS boards. That is what has changed me.

Why would you think to blame Ari? This is exactly the reason I left. The irrational crap being thrown at a perfectly great person!!!

Jason, you have to take most of the blame for how I react to you. Same goes for Maureen, SGallon, and Tao.

Don't be so low as to go pointing the fingers at others for how I perceive and react to your posts.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Syble (aka Please, Peace, Starsky) used to be a nicer woman. When backed into a rational corner, she would always assert that she had a higher knowledge of things, but other than that, she was normally decent.

Jason, since when is it your responsibility to make judgement calls about anyone?

When Ari(stotle) came to the board, she became a paranoid, darker person.

Jason, since when is it your responsibility to make judgement calls about anyone?

I realize that Ari is part of that .05% of America who nobody listens too due to their extreme and irrational beliefs, but she's changed syble for the worse. That's what bugs me the most. She's like one of those cult leaders who destroy other's lives by mere contact.

Actually, I am numbered amongst the 85-90% of the Christian majority in America.

I am also numbered amongst an 11 million member Church...11 million people is not classified as a cult.

In regard to changing people, I like this version of the Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the Serenity to accept the people I cannot change;

Courage to change the one person I can change, and that is me;

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Your perception of me is, as always, totally flawed.

I'm not a part of this particular argument ari. Why do you always assert victory, when none's to be had?

:deadhorse:

Why would you think to blame Ari? This is exactly the reason I left. The irrational crap being thrown at a perfectly great person!!!

Thanks, Syble! The feeling is mutual. :)

Methinks you have evened the score a bit...actually quite a bit...which makes some uneasy. ;-)

Thanks, Syble! The feeling is mutual.

Methinks you have evened the score a bit...actually quite a bit...which makes some uneasy. ;-)

You are right. Their dark spirits can't take challenge of light. :D:D :) :D

<div class='quotemain'>

Im disappointed. You were a nicer person before you met Ari. Clearly she's influenced you for the worse. You're spirit has lowered. That's too bad.

Syble used to be cool? Or at least nice? Wow. That's kind of a bummer she changed.

Syble (aka Please, Peace, Starsky) used to be a nicer woman. When backed into a rational corner, she would always assert that she had a higher knowledge of things, but other than that, she was normally decent.

I realize that Ari is part of that .05% of America who nobody listens too due to their extreme and irrational beliefs, but she's changed syble for the worse. That's what bugs me the most. She's like one of those cult leaders who destroy other's lives by mere contact.

Syble is Peace? I wondered why he/she was so tweeky.

Sheeze Peace. How about the next time you go away in a hissy fit, never-to-return, you actually do? What is this, about six times now, seven?

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Syble used to be cool? Or at least nice? Wow. That's kind of a bummer she changed.

Syble is Peace? I wondered why he/she was so tweeky.

Sheeze Peace. How about the next time you go away in a hissy fit, never-to-return, you actually do? What is this, about six times now, seven?

Twice you pinhead. And when I am constantly asked to come back because you are ruining the board, I feel an obligation to do so. Geeze Snow.

Just calling it like it is.

Actually, I am numbered amongst the 85-90% of the Christian majority in America.

"Polling data from the 2001 ARIS study indicate that:

76.5% (159 million) of Americans identify themselves as Christian. This is a major slide from 86.2% in 1990. Identification with Christianity has suffered a loss of 9.7 percentage points in 11 years -- about 0.9 percentage points per year.

The fastest growing religion (in terms of percentage) is Wicca -- a Neopagan religion."Source

At that rate, Christianity is down to around 70% present day.

I am also numbered amongst an 11 million member Church...11 million people is not classified as a cult.

Cult: "a system of religious beliefs and ritual." Source

:lol::lol::lol: You crack me up! I am sure you meant to say: Just calling it like my dark heart perceives it.

RIGHT? :idea:

So you are saying you are a member of a cult Jason?

Twice you pinhead. And when I am constantly asked to come back because you are ruining the board, I feel an obligation to do so. Geeze Snow.

So it is you Peace. Man alive. Why do you keep doing this over and over? You get all bent out of shape or pretend that someone is stalking you, leaves in a big show and then fabricate a new identity and start all over again. I can't even count the number of times you've done it but it certainly is predictable.

So it is you Peace. Man alive. Why do you keep doing this over and over? You get all bent out of shape or pretend that someone is stalking you, leaves in a big show and then fabricate a new identity and start all over again. I can't even count the number of times you've done it but it certainly is predictable.

You know, now that you mention it, it makes sense why Peace is buddies with Ari. Ari's a conspiracy theorist, and Peace think's someone is "out to get her".

I guess they're more alike that I first realized. :rolleyes:

Just calling it like it isn't.

"Polling data from the 2001 ARIS study indicate that:

False information again, Grumpy.

TOP 10 LARGEST NATIONAL CHRISTIAN POPULATIONS

Rank Nation Number Percent

1 USA 224,457,000 85%

Source for these Christian statistics: Ash, Russell. The Top 10 of Everything, DK Publishing, Inc.: New York (1997), pg. 160-161; December Advance Newsletter, 1996, Kainos Press; Adherents.com.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints isn't a cult; it's a Church. :)

You know, now that you mention it, it makes sense why Peace is buddies with Ari. Ari's a conspiracy theorist, and Peace think's someone is "out to get her".

I guess they're more alike that I first realized.

You mean like you and Snow, Grumpy? :mib: