Reading Skills

BenRaines

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Good thing there is no spell checker here

Ben

LOL, no wonder we do such an awesome job deceifering everyone's mistakes in the chat. And here I thought it was just habit or us making so many mtsikeas ourselves that we were use to it. Boy was I fooled, it is all that wonderful mind the Lord gave me... That was great Ben. Thanks for keeping us informed.

It is amazing how one can read that, but personally I got a headache from it.

I have to decipher handwriting/ typing all day long where I work. Emails, written letters, even manuals. Believe me there is more incorrect spelling and grammer than you would believe. On your Word program there is the best tool that MS has yet to invent. It is Grammer Check. Not only does it check your spelling, but it also checks your grammer and offers suggestions (depending which upgrade you have) It also tells you what reading ease and grade level your document is at.

When I get emails, or attachments that boggle the mind, I copy and paste it to Word, then do a spell/grammer check. I then 'correct' it, and read it again. Helps tremendously! Spell check is wonderful, as long as you don't use a sound alike for what you mean. Strait for straight. Diner for dinner, etc.

Some days I go home from work with a killer headache from the bad spelling and poor grammer.

:offtopic: <<<Rant On>>>One thing that really sets me off are the silly abbreviations that are used in chats and sometime on the posts. pple, u, r, and such. Come on, write out the entire word. To me it is just lazyness.

Okay, <<Rant Off>>

It is amazing how one can read that, but personally I got a headache from it.

I have to decipher handwriting/ typing all day long where I work. Emails, written letters, even manuals. Believe me there is more incorrect spelling and grammer than you would believe. On your Word program there is the best tool that MS has yet to invent. It is Grammer Check. Not only does it check your spelling, but it also checks your grammer and offers suggestions (depending which upgrade you have) It also tells you what reading ease and grade level your document is at.

When I get emails, or attachments that boggle the mind, I copy and paste it to Word, then do a spell/grammer check. I then 'correct' it, and read it again. Helps tremendously! Spell check is wonderful, as long as you don't use a sound alike for what you mean. Strait for straight. Diner for dinner, etc.

Some days I go home from work with a killer headache from the bad spelling and poor grammer.

:offtopic: <<<Rant On>>>One thing that really sets me off are the silly abbreviations that are used in chats and sometime on the posts. pple, u, r, and such. Come on, write out the entire word. To me it is just lazyness.

Okay, <<Rant Off>>

Thanks Mrs. S that is so true! My Business English teacher would have a hissy if she saw how I typed in chat! :ahhh: There's no better place for me to start cleaning up my act than here! Love Sunny :)