Personal Progress Projects

ldsgurl_2002

hey yall im a laurel and almost out of yw's and i have done faith, divine nature, good works, choice and accountability projects, and working on individual worth and Integrity right now..i need an idea for knowledge...i was gonna do the one about excercising but i dunno...its not warm enough and im gonna be 18 in april so i need something else...does anybody have any ideas for me!! i would really appreciate it!!

hey yall im a laurel and almost out of yw's and i have done faith, divine nature, good works, choice and accountability projects, and working on individual worth and Integrity right now..i need an idea for knowledge...i was gonna do the one about excercising but i dunno...its not warm enough and im gonna be 18 in april so i need something else...does anybody have any ideas for me!! i would really appreciate it!!

I think for my knowledge one we went to a local pottery place and they taught us how to use the potter's wheel, and we were eventually able to make a bowl. Anything you can do to learn a new skill- it doesn't always take a whole long time but it's always fun to learn!

For Knowledge, hmmm... I don't remember what I did. Have you read the BoM? (as a project?) I know it's not really original, but it does help you progress and learn. Sorry I'm not more of a help. I'm lucky and am done with my PP. I would also suggest asking a Youth leader in your ward (Activity days, Scouts, w/e) if you could teach their troops something you already know. Girls generally like cooking, but if you're the outdoorsy-type teach the cubs how to .. knit.. haha jk, identify leaves or rocks or trees or somehting. With the planning and follow-up it takes about 10 hours I would imagine. (I did a party for the Activity Days girls, I went to the activities 2 times- cuz my party wasn't long enough!)

From the library, check out a Level I Pimsleur language course on CDs. Do one lesson a day for a month (you'll have to renew your check-out from the library). Pick any language you want! It may prepare you for a mission, or for a job, or to make a new friend. If your library doesn't have any, you can get it through inter-library loan (usually costs a buck or two to cover postage).

Get your hands on a Boy Scout Handbook and learn all the knots.

Take a Community CPR class. ($$, but really worth it)

I did it in 2 years as well. It was so much fun! (close call though- my goal was to get it done b4 i turned 14- I earned it the day before..)

I loved it so much! I'm still doing one of my projects cuz i had so much fun doing it! I helped the Activity Day girls.. My testimony grew so much!

thanks i need all the luck i can get lol...its hard to eat healthy and excercise...but im doing good so far..im also going to put together a recipe book for when im older as another part of this project

ldsgurl,

I think that the recipe book would be an excellent addition to your exercise program. I would include reduced fat , sugar and salt recipes as well as ways to add extra vitamins, nutrients and fiber to the diet. :)

Yummy! I can almost taste the delicious samples you are handing out! :P

You go girl!!!.....this sample rocks!!! Best Wishes, I know that you can do it! :D

• 2 weeks later...

ldsgurl,

I think that the recipe book would be an excellent addition to your exercise program. I would include reduced fat , sugar and salt recipes as well as ways to add extra vitamins, nutrients and fiber to the diet.

Yummy! I can almost taste the delicious samples you are handing out!

You go girl!!!.....this sample rocks!!! Best Wishes, I know that you can do it!

the problem is not putting the recipes together its cooking them lol jk...im an alright cook

One of the girls a while ago in my ward orginized the ward bulitin board. She put alot of work into it. I donno how long she did it for but it was quite a while

thats a great idea but im outa time lol...got 3 weeks!!!!!!!! AHHHH