School Bible Study topic?

lizzy12

I am in charge of this weeks bible study discussion at school. This has multiple religions based on Christian teachings.

Any topic ideas? I'm not going to share LDS specific belifes or teach about, say the plan of salvation... I need to lead a discussion that other religons can make comments on.

I suggest you take them just a little out of their comfort zone, but not so far that it becomes a "Mormons aren't Christian" field. Perhaps you can discuss heavenly visions, known as theophanies from the Bible.

These can include Moses' various visits with God, as a burning bush, seeing his back parts, speaking with him face to face. Also Isaiah's vision of the throne and divine council in Isa 6. Of course, Jacob's vision of the ladder/staircase to heaven, of which most notice that there are angels on the stairs, but do not realize that he sees God at the top. Then the vision of John the revelator in seeing God on his throne.

You can discuss the similarities between such grand visions, and the dissimilarities. From these you can then ask them what they think it means from John in Revelation, when he says we will sit on God's throne with him and rule.

I like Ezekiel 47:1-20. (Temples, The Lord)

"living water" shall flow forth from the presence of the Messiah (from his house) and indeed bring life and healing as it flows, renewing the whole world. Ok might be a bit much I guess but I love this...... Go on the messenger says.... go down further and walk out into the water, walk out and feel it on your ankles, then your knees and so on. Is this not how we are to walk through life until we are completely emerged in the Savior and him in us? His love, his word and where does it stem? From his house, the temple. It heals us, it gives life, eternal life. His word and instructions are found in the temple. I guess you couldn't bring the temple up to much but would be good to know how they view these verses. Maybe they wouldn't be familiar with them???