Jacob 5:18

pam

Reference Search: Jacob 5:18

18 And he said unto the servant: Behold, the branches of the wild tree have taken hold of the moisture of the root thereof, that the root thereof hath brought forth much strength; and because of the much strength of the root thereof the wild branches have brought forth tame fruit. Now, if we had not grafted in these branches, the tree thereof would have perished. And now, behold, I shall lay up much fruit, which the tree thereof hath brought forth; and the fruit thereof I shall lay up against the season, unto mine own self.

Quotes for Discussion

Strength of the root”

Once the blood of Israel courses through the veins of a former Gentile, the convert begins to bring forth tame fruit—deeds and works of righteousness befitting a covenant person, works and faith which lead one to life everlasting (see Teachings, pp. 149-50).

Ibid

“If we had not grafted…the tree…perished”

Converts—those from within and without the house of Israel—are the life blood of the Church in any age. Their holy enthusiasm, zeal for righteousness, and childlike innocence and submission are ever an immense strength to the Church itself.

Ibid