December 6, 2010 - Love is..

pam

"Love is what inspired our Heavenly Father to create our spirits; it is what led our Savior to the Garden of Gethsemane to make Himself a ransom for our sins. Love is the grand motive of the plan of salvation; it is the source of happiness, the ever-renewing spring of healing, the precious fountain of hope. As we extend our hands and hearts toward others in Christlike love, something wonderful happens to us. Our own spirits become healed, more refined, and stronger. We become happier, more peaceful, and more receptive to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit."

Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "You Are My Hands," Ensign, May 2010, 70, 75

My favorite talk of that Conference!

My 7-year-old son bore his testimony yesterday. It was so precious. He said he has a testimony about love, especially love for his brother. He recounted an incident when we were driving and his brother and his 2 friends were busy talking to each other. He tried to say something but he couldn't get a word in edgewise and he started to get angry and was about to throw a temper tantrum. I reminded him to watch his temper and think about the good things his brother does. So, he started thinking about how much he loves his brother and he said he felt the Spirit. He was able to control his temper and he was able to ask his brother nicely to listen to him. And they did!

I remembered that incident and it was pretty cool that he recognized the Spirit!