iPhone 4G VS. Windows Phone 7

Bini

I have an iPhone 3GS that I'm wanting to upgrade soonish. I am completely happy with what this phone offers. However, I am not opposed to keeping an open-mind to something that is competitive to or even possibly better than Apple. I am considering a Windows Phone 7. The single most stunning feature that has caught my eye with the WP7 is the live feeds and widgets that are accessible right off the bat on the home screen. This is not a feature the iPhone has :[

From an unbiased and purely technical viewpoint, which is the smarter smartphone? And why? But I'm also interested in pros and cons from any iPhone4 or WP7 users as well.

I would wait on any phone decisions until after the first few weeks of January. All new stuff is put on hold until the holiday's are over, then a little longer to get rid of stock. With than, I'm hearing rumors that Apple is coming out with a new phone next year. So hold on. Comparisons right now will not hold true for much longer.

Unless you are desperate and have a wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket. If that is the case, pass it to me. I need to update my computer.

iPhones are pretty famous, but I'd wait until next year where supposedly Verizon will get an iPhone. The windows phones are pretty snazzy. Two friends of mine on T-mobile just got them. Their only beef is to use the music player on it you have to make a zune account and it is picky about the file formats so more than likely you'd have to convert any iTunes media you may have to a different format in order to play it from your phone.

iphones are limited on which carrier to use currently. I've heard it runs smoother in certain ways, but the new one has had some old issues (short battery life) and some new ones (the supposed "death grip"). It has a lot of cool apps and can do a lot of cool things.

droid is the way to go, if you don't mind Google.

I would wait on any phone decisions until after the first few weeks of January. All new stuff is put on hold until the holiday's are over, then a little longer to get rid of stock. With than, I'm hearing rumors that Apple is coming out with a new phone next year. So hold on. Comparisons right now will not hold true for much longer.

Unless you are desperate and have a wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket. If that is the case, pass it to me. I need to update my computer.

I wish this were true! At least, the cash part, not the desperate part.. You're right though. I've done a little more reading on this and there are reports/rumours of a fresh new iPhone coming out June 2011. I'm willing to wait and see what they deliver with this one. I guess I might as well wait and see what the other competitors will be delivering around that time as well.

For what it is worth my ill-informed opinion would be to look into an Andriod phone. But I'm a Google junkie so...

Biased, just so biased. Yea, we can count on you for an objective opinion. So how does that Google Kool-Aid taste? :D:D

Yea, I'm Android Leaning myself but I've got Android 2.1. Not too highly impressed with it. Although I read that 2.2 is great.

So how does that Google Kool-Aid taste? :D:D

My browser is informing me to say, "Delicious, refreshing and zero calories!"

Yea, I'm Android Leaning myself but I've got Android 2.1. Not too highly impressed with it. Although I read that 2.2 is great.

I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of Apple because of their lock-down policy. I understand that's the direction they want to go, and they aren't evil or anything for going it, but it isn't my preferred flavor of things. I'm also not impressed with my Mom's Windows 6.5 phone and I don't know how much of an improvement Windows 7 phones are. I have played a little with Android phones and I liked what I saw (don't know the version of Android I was playing with).

A smart phone (particularly a new one) is an sizable investment though so I'd definitely look around and not just buy what ever just because of branding. So while I sip the Kool-Aid I'm not at the guzzling stage, at least not yet. :)