My Aunt Is Dying

I am so sorry to hear that you are losing your aunt. I lost my mom to cancer three years ago and I know of the pain that comes as a result of losing a loved one :( All you can do is take it one day at a time. Remember the good times you shared with your aunt. Since my moms cancer could not be cured it was a blessing that she did not suffer for a long time. It might help you to make a memory book about her so that you can look at it and remember her.

Remember all you are able to do is one day at a time.

:bearhug:

my rents are going to Utah to see her. I have to stay home to hold down the fort. she isn't expected to live through today. as far as my aunts and uncles, she was the closest to me. i know God's plan but how can i live through this?

I know when you ask advice like this you dont really want to hear about what other people went through after their loss...you want to find a way to deal with your situation. As hypocritaical as what I am going to say is....i do know what it is like to lose a person close to you. I lost a mentor to a car crash, an uncle to cancer, and a really really good guy friend in a car accident I was also in. I know the pain that comes before and after they are taken. People would always tell me.."keep a positive attitude" or " things happen for a reason" or my personal favorite "im sorry" Sorry to tell you, but the pain is there at first, and it hurts, and unfortunately, it will last. But, It does dull, and if you keep the mentality that yes, you will be seeing them again, maybe it will hurt less at some moments. You cant let the loss, or the anticipation get to you though. As impossible as this sounds, you just have to imerse yourself in other activities. talk about what your feelings with other people, as much as you can.

I really am sorry you have to go through this, really I am. You can make it, it will make you a stronger person, if you let it. :)

w-a-t,

I'm sorry that you are going through such a painful ordeal. Of course it hurts to be loosing someone we love and care about. Even when we know of God's plan ...it is still hard to let go and accept their earthly passing.

I agree with SF, ...just take one day at a time. This special loving bond that you have build up with your aunt was not constructed in one day, but over time ... so it is only right to acknowledge the fact, that it will take time to accept and comprehend their sudden passing.

I would try to focus on the fun and happy times that you and your aunt shared ...the memory book could really help and comfort those that have not been called back to our Heavenly Father yet.

I would also pray to God for strength and understanding. Best Wishes!

Guest Monica

I am very sorry as well.

Death isnt easy, expecially when we havent expierenced it with a close one yet.

Thank God that life doesnt end in death. Death is just the beginning to enetering eternity.

This life here is realtively short. Life is also very hard here. Because of Jesus sacrifice on the cross for us, your aunt now will be able to live forever, free from pain and worry and illness. She will be able to behold the face of God as she worships Him and she will be privy to the mysteries of God as they will all be revealed to her in heaven.

The truth of the matter is that she isnt dieing, but she is going home to be with the Lord. Her soul will be returning to the one who gave it to her. Keep in mind that our true homes and lives are with God for all eternity.

This wonderful gift has been lavished on us who believe in Christ as well. So keep the faith and remind yourself of who she is in Christ and where she will be. Also remind yourself and your family that your hope in Christ isnt in vain as well.

God bless!