Prayer request...

sister_in_faith

I have developed a habit, that I am hoping I can get more people hooked on, because it really is important...

It started when my honey was working, whenever I would hear sirens (not knowing if it was him or even worse FOR him) I would immediately stop and pray for him. After a few months of doing this I realized that EVERY time I heard a siren I wanted to pray, because whenever you hear a siren SOMEONE needs those prayers.

After several times of praying individually for everyone involved:

-the driver of the emergency vehicle with the siren on - that they would drive carefully, and get to where they needed to go safely

-the people around the emergency vehicle who were driving, that they would drive carefully so there wouldn't be any 'wake effect' accidents

-the people that needed help that the emergency vehicle was responding to (assuming there was one)

-the caller, who was one the phone (assuming there is one) who is despirate for help

-the dispatcher who is taking the call that they would say the right things

-the radio dispatcher that they would handle the call well

-and anyone else effected by the emergency situation

I realized that doing this every time I heard a siren took quite a while, so Heavenly Father and I came to an agreement, that I would say a simple prayer, but that in saying it, I was praying for each of the groups of people individually.

So now, I simply pray, "Heavenly Father please bless those people, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." (Unless my honey is working, then I will add him in specifically.)

It would really mean a lot to me if I knew that there were other people out there, who when they heard sirens would do the same thing. I know my honey has to use his siren a lot, and if I know that when he does people are praying for him it would give me a lot of comfort.

I know that there are some people who live in areas where sirens are a constant sound, and they may not want to pray every time they hear one, but I am asking if you guys would consider joining me in these prayers. I would really appreciate it! And I think our emergency service workers would appreciate it too!

The funniest thing that has happened to me with this, is now, when I am sleeping, if I hear sirens, I will stop whatever I am doing in my dream and pray while I'm sleeping. It really has become second nature!

Thank you guys in advance! :)