Christian, non-Mormon, wanting to learn what you believe and why?

ChristianT

Welcome, ChristianT.

why do you believe in mormonism than anything else?

Because I found it to be true and the most complete.

What do you read to learn about G-d? The Bible? Else? and Why?

The Bible, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants, Ensign, all my science and social studies textbooks, National Geographic, etc. etc.

Because it gives me a better understanding of who God is.

:newbie:

Basically, the title says all. My question that I'd like answered by any true mormons out there, why do you believe in mormonism than anything else? What do you read to learn about G-d? The Bible? Else? and Why?

ChristianT,

I can only echo what has already been metioned in the responses, but I can give you my testimony as I am a recent convert to the LDS (Mormon) Church.

I started out with a question in my mind, Which Church is true. The church I was raised in had proven to me that they were more about braggin rights or self gradification than living a life that Christ would approve of. So this journey took me to many different places and in most I had a gut feeling that had me wanting to run and not look back. Some I felt like I was "fresh Meat" for the "zoombies" to latch onto and eat. Untill I turned to the LDS (Mormon) Church which I had friends who were members and they in no way tried to influence my opinion they just lived a life that I wanted.

They lived a Christ Centered, family focused, caring life. I had met a member of the family on a date and was and by chance I was able to meet her parents on the first date ans was immediatley welcomed inton the family and I felt so at home with how they lived. They sat at the table as a family to eat meals, talked as a family, specificly set time aside to be together as family (which included family friends). This along with the teaching of Eternal Families I was drawn deeper into my desire to want to know more. I started to read the Book of Mormon and then visited the Vistor Center at the Mesa, Arizona Temple and spoke to a Sister Missonary and she invited me to have the Missonaries come to my home and answer my questions and teach me about the Church.

I continued to be included in family time with my new friend and I asked most of my questions to them as I was comfortable, but eventually I was met with the missionaries and I started learning. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that I learned made perfect sense. I continued to read the Book of Mormon and prayed and i "just knew" it was true. I asked everyday in my prayers to be able to know. It took me a bit of time, mostly because I am stubborn, before i decided to get baptised. When I came to the lesson on Baptism with the missionaries they flat out asked, would you like to be baptised. I will admit I felt a bit pressured and my friend (mentioned above was with us) noticed that I was backing off and said that she was proud that I was looking into this on my own and said that I do not have to make my decision then and that if I was not sure I should pray about it and come to the decision when I was ready. Immediately the missionaries followed suite and encouraged me to make the decision on my own time.

I prayed about it for a couple days and while reading the Book of Mormon i came across a passage, Mosiah 18:10. Which says, "Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being babtized in the name of the Lord..." I knew I wanted this, but my mind was getting in the way of my heart as it had in so many things before. I decided then and there that the timeframe I set for myself was hurting my heart. My goal was to finish the Book of Mormon then I wold make the decision. I called the missionaries and said "let's do this". At the next appointment we had together we set the date for my baptism.

I was baptised on September 3 of this year and the feelings that I was blessed with at the moment confirmed that everything I was doing was the will of God, and I was where I need/wanted to be.

I have never been happier. I am not saying my life is easier. I use to be a very angry person. Anger has not been apart of my life since I started on this journey to learn more about the LDS Church. I have the same struggles that I had before and the same that the normal person has, I am just not angry any more. I feel a part of Christ's Family and that if I continue to be strong and follow the teachings of Christ that I will be able to meet and live with God in Heaven one day along with my Earthly Family.

As for what to read... The Bible(Kinf James Version), The Book of Mormon, ask questions here. Go to Mormon.org and invite missionaries into your home and ask them let them go through the lessons with you and then every day pray to Heavenly Father to give you the wisdom to know, and he will reveal the truth to you.