Baptisms for the Dead

OK, So I had the oppurtunity this weekend to go to the Temple to do Baptisms for the Dead, and I was Baptised for my Father and Grandfather. I can not seem to find to words to explain how wonderful this has made me feel.

I just wanted to invite each of you to complete the Temple Work for those relatives that have passed before they have had their Temple Work done.

OK, So I had the oppurtunity this weekend to go to the Temple to do Baptisms for the Dead, and I was Baptised for my Father and Grandfather. I can not seem to find to words to explain how wonderful this has made me feel.

I just wanted to invite each of you to complete the Temple Work for those relatives that have passed before they have had their Temple Work done.

My first time doing baptisms I stood proxy for my Father and Grandfather too. My first time doing a session after receiving my endowment was for my Dad and the time after that was my Grandfather. I can really say that I know how you feel, and it truly is wonderful. I'm happy for you. :)

I'm so glad you posted! My family has recently gone to do baptisms at the temple...my youngest is old enough to go now and she had a very good experience with the Holy Spirit while doing work for some of our family. I cannot possibly express my relief when hearing that she identified the communication from the Holy Spirit all on her own and gained a testimony of the temple. I have worried about her for some time since she was the last of our family to gain her own testimony. What a blessing that we chose to go!

I know it is a wonderful feeling to do family work in the temple. I wish I could give out that feeling, pass it out like candy canes at Christmas time. :) It is so nice to be able to talk about it with others.