wife tore her acl and manisuc last year

bcguy

My wife who has a weight obesity issue tore her ACL last year. She was one a year long waiting list to have it surgically reattached. A few weeks ago, she tore her meniscus in the same knee. She finally had surgery to have both taken care of. \

Now you may be asking, what does this have to do with her weight? well a year ago, she was doing jumping jacks to loose weight and that's how she tore it. To much belly and body fat put to much pressure on the knee.

six months ago, I told her to watch what she eats and she make the comment "I can eat what I want"

Weight gain is more then exercise and diet, it is also contributed by ones anxiety issues. What you eat and anxiety can contribute to obesity issues.

• 1 month later...

In terms of knee health, women are at a disadvantage. Even healthy women of optimal weight etc. are 3 x more likely to have knee problems than because of a wider hip ratio.

the solution is two fold: If the woman is an athlete, she need to make sure that her knees don't buckle when she jumps, land, etc. a trainer can help her correct it.

Secondly, women, ALL WOMEN, need to do some kind of heavy resistance training. Sadly, every time we go to the gym we see countless women on treadmills and weight rooms filled with men. Women need to do resistance training for many reasons (it has been the topic of many dissertations, etc.) including: lack of testosterone, less muscle mass, posture problems, increased overall strength and...weight management. The quickest way to lose fat is to build muscle as muscle burn substantially more calories than fat (even when resting).

I recommend to all the women that I have trained and do train to learn how to do squats properly and do some kind of press.

You're right. I go to a gym and I was staying on treadmills. Until I signed up for some personal training and he taught me how to do the resistance training. It about killed me the first time but I am really enjoying it.