How Can I find more LDS members to be with

Mikhail

Hi everyone, I am wonderign this question. I live in an area where there are hardly any LDS and I feel very alone, esp when I hear of Conference in USA where thousands of members go to meet. I don't know what to do. I have my branch, but it is so small and I feel apart from the rest of the LDS community.

any suggestion? Thank you for your answer.

Hi everyone, I am wonderign this question. I live in an area where there are hardly any LDS and I feel very alone, esp when I hear of Conference in USA where thousands of members go to meet. I don't know what to do. I have my branch, but it is so small and I feel apart from the rest of the LDS community.

You are no different then the first members of The Church. They were members in a land that the gospel was just unfolding in. Similarly, you are in a land that the gospel is just unfolding. That is something to be proud of and treasure in your heart. You are a true pioneer!

Now I would be interested in hearing about your Latter-day Saint experience in Russia. You can even send me a private message. If you don't want to share that is fine.

Mikhail, you came to the right place. There's tons of LDS folks here. Okay, so we really don't get to be with each other physically, but getting involved in the forum is like being with each other in spirit. It's kinda like the next-best-thing.

I would love to visit Russia one day. I have a close friend from Azerbaijan and another close friend from Kazakhstan. But I don't know anybody from Russia.

I know what that is like, in my entire country (Israel) there are roughly 100 members. What area of Russia are you in? If you'd rather not say, drop me a private message. Oh, nevermind, I see it is on your profile. I don't know anyone currently in your city, but have some friends from there. I'm really not sure what activities you have, but if there is a chance to go to one of the Eastern European zone YSA conferences, do go. They are very well planned and lots of fun.

Edited by volgadon

Guest Ivo_G

How about facebook? I remember seeing a pretty big Russsian LDS group on facebook...sure it's not like meeting somebody in person but it's the next best thing :P You can talk every day to members from your country, share what's on your mind etc.

How about facebook? I remember seeing a pretty big Russsian LDS group on facebook...sure it's not like meeting somebody in person but it's the next best thing :P You can talk every day to members from your country, share what's on your mind etc.

I'm not too sure about groups, most members that I've seen network informally, adding acquaintances and friends of friends.