Hi all

Ratisch

Find this site last night and, after browsing thru some of the posts, decided to join. I was 23 when I joined the church in 1986. I took the discussions in 1985, liked what I was taught, but couldn't decide if baptism was the right thing for me. I did go to church most Sundays, and did show up every Tuesday night to play basketball. Missionaries came and went, and all tried unsuccessfully to convince me I should be baptized since I was living the principles (they called me a dry Mormon). In August of 1986 while playing basketball, the two missionaries and I tangled under the net for a rebound with all three of us crashing to the floor. I ended up fracturing my skull. The next day the Elders visited me with one boldly asking, "Are you ready to be baptized?" I meekly nodded that I was.

Looking forward to meeting you all and joining in on the discussions.

So that's what we need to do to get people to say yes to baptism. Fracture their skulls. Just kidding of course.

(...)

Maybe. But I think there is a way to find to God and to faith that has been implemented in ourselves from the moment of our birth and lasting our whole life. As we are spirits of God, it's our destination to get nearer to Him in this timeof life if our eyes and our mind were not completely closed down.

Edited by john doe
fixed quote function

So that's what we need to do to get people to say yes to baptism. Fracture their skulls. Just kidding of course.

(...) [/QUOT

Maybe. But I think there is a way to find to God and to faith that has been implemented in ourselves from the moment of our birth and lasting our whole life. As we are spirits of God, it's our destination to get nearer to Him in this timeof life if our eyes and our mind were not completely closed down.

I think the fracture in the skull provided an unhindered path to the eyes and mind. :D

Welcome to you both - Ratisch and Deputy!