Hi :)

Smudge

Welcome Smudge!

I would love to see Scotland one day. I'm related to the Campbell clan but our records go to Ireland and no futher even though it's a well known scottish name. We don't know much about how they ended up in Ireland other than the a statement that my great-great grandfather made requesting that he be buried in Scotland not Ireland.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the forum.

A member of my branch has done alot of work digitising what there is of the Irish records and has created a website. Unfortunately I don't know what it is and can't ask her as she is on her mission for another month or so - but if I remember when she gets back I will ask. She and her sister finished the work on the website the week before she and her husband got the call :)

Depending on how long ago they ended up in Ireland I would imagine that they probably headed to Ireland at the time of the Highland clearences - alot of people forced from their homes headed to either Austrailia, the USA, Canada or Ireland

I am actually English but have been in Scotland for a very long time.

Thanks for the welcome :)