New Converts: Title and Attrition rate?

Yeah, I've never seen a cliquish mentality. Mostly, people are happy for others when they get to go to the temple because they know the experiences they will get to have.

I remember the first time a friend of mine from Russia went to the temple. I got to be there, and it was awesome. As in the original sense of the word: full of awe and wonder. It was an amazing experience.

The temple ordinances are a kind of a school that the Lord has provided so that we can learn. As Dravin said, they are full of the power of the Lord. I like to go to the temple because I like to be close to Christ. I am trying to get to know him better. If you were to join the Church, you would eventually want to go to the temple, hopefully for the same reasons.

More importantly, how often do newly baptized members slide back into the obscurity of their secular lives, back into their old habits, and become distant from the Church?

I don't know any current numbers though many years ago there was an interesting & little known fact about new members, family history work, & temple attendance.

I don't recall the exact numbers though there was a very signficant %age increase in the 10-year retention rate when new members were rapidly involved in Family History & went to the temple as soon as possible to do Baptisms for the Dead for members of their own family or anscentors.

There was also a direct correlation between the nmber of trips they made to the temple to do baptisms & an increase in retention.

The sooner & the more frequent = greatest 10-year retention.

Edited by Sharky