Challenges Faced By The Ysa's

Guest kojo

Guest Ntando Muthwa

What are some of the challenges you have faced as a YSA and how have you used the gospel to overcome them ? These seem to be questions we get in a lot of firesides. Problems I have are most likely the problems other YSA have in my ward. But is this true worldwide ? Lets find out. Your replies of your expiriences and resultant solitions will be the determining factor. :wub:

I've very recently become a YSA, but I also moved, so one of my big (in my opinion) obstacles is that of a non-existing social circle. I don't think it constitutes as the gospel helping me with it, but in a sense it is. The few people I've met so far are from my institute classes or institute choir (I haven't attended a YSA ward yet, but probably will in the next couple weeks), so I suppose you can say that through my search for gospel knowledge I've slowly been overcoming this dilemma. :)

Guest Ntando Muthwa

I know exactly how it feels like moving to a new ward. Having had left your friends in the old ward and having to make new ones. It can a very big a challenge. But it isn't that difficult since over time you make friends out of srtangers and you happiness is restored, only a greater degree now.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess one of my main difficulties as a YSA, is that I'm a convert as well, and I feel sometimes that maybe I take the doctrines too seriously as some of the YSA (who grew up in the church) dont seem to mind as much if they forget something, or they just seem to be a little too carefree when it comes to the doctrines...

Also, My mother didnt want me to convert. The majority of my friends who I grew up with are inactive Roman Catholic, one tries to be active, one claims to be non-denominational and my other really close friend isnt Christian, but I'm not giving up her friendship just because she's Pagan especially when, I have only just found out about a year ago when I've known her for years.... I dont want to lose her friendship... She does accept that I'm now LDS, her attitude towards me is, well if thats what you want, then go for it...

Oh and yeah, the YSA's a practically my only friends in England since I just came from Australia last September

• 9 months later...
Guest Cheeky Monkey

Yeah I have found YSA's and the church to be a good place to start when moving to a new place. I left home a couple of years ago to go to university, and moved to a new city where i didn't know anything, didn't know anybody or my way around. The YSA in particular were very welcoming and now I have a great bunch of friends here.