Psychic or crazy?

greendragon

Although the system is set up so that a person can apply for disability on his/her own, don't do it. You'll be denied because you don't know the terms of art that the examiners are looking for. Get a disability attorney (not the lawyer in the mall) if you are going to apply for aid.

My schizophrenic sister would be one of the few exceptions to this rule. Apparently she was so out there, the doctor approved her at the first interview. I hope your son doesn't get to this point.

I believe people can have '2nd sight.' I don't think that many of the people who profess to have it, have it, but I think that some have it all the time and some of us (myself included) have it some times. That said, when a college-aged person starts talking about such things, coupled with problems dealing with other people and holding a job, I get concerned that something else is going on. See if you can convince him to go to a counselor at Student Health. As an adult, you can't force him, but he might still be amenable to a suggestion from you to talk things over with a mental health professional.

I'm sure someone on here will say go see the bishop. Unless your bishop is a PhD in psychology or a psychiatrist, I'm not sure what kind of help he can give. I think this is serious. You can pray all you want, but it sounds like he needs professional help.

If you are speaking of SSD, it is not awarded by a doctor at an interview. A person can apply without an attorney and they can win without an attorney. Usually, if they are going to win at application, they are going to do so with or without an attorney. They either meet the criteria or they don't. After a denial is when an attorney becomes important.