"grandmas And Grandpas Are Fun"

Gwen

i had a couple of conversations with my son that i felt like sharing.

my 4 yr old (almost 5) came to me the other day and was telling me what he wants to be when he grows up. he climbed into my lap and told me he wants to be an artist. we talked about the different kinds of artists out there, what kind of art he wanted to make, all kinds of things. when he was done he looked at me and asked, "mommy, what are you gonna be when you grow up?" i quickly told him mommys grow up to be grandmas and daddys grow up to grandpas. to which he, wide eyed, exclaimed how neat that was, and that he didn't know that. a couple of days later he climbed into my lap (he does this a lot, he loves his mommy :) ) and lovingly said, "mommy, i can't wait till you grow up, grandmas and grandpas are fun!"

• 1 month later...

I love my grandparents.

We adopted 3....

Grandpa John

Grandpa Bill

Grandma Carol

G-pa John is a barber, I have known him since I was born.

He has been a true blessing, he's always there for me.

I remember the summers when we'd head to his shop for Dad's hair cut and while they visited we'd sell the black berrys that grew out back.

His shop is heaven on earth....

It's like the old time ones, his friends come and go, bringing all sorts of news and gossip with them... :rolleyes:

G-pa Bill is awesome too, we've known him since a bit after my Dad passed away. His wife was my Mom's home teacher.

He's a biker, he acts tough but all it takes to break the mask is a simple "I love you."

G-ma Carol... :rolleyes:

She's so much like me it's not funny!

She's had cancer and beat it, that was one of the scaryest times in my life! :wacko:

She's super funni and loving...

Then there's my father's Dad...Clark. :wub:

He is super funny and very good with words.

He is a non-member but has a great respect and love for our religioun...

He's even cut out some of the coffie! One cup a day now! :sparklygrin:

I can see him joining..if not in this life, the next.

Yes, grandparents are wonderful...........