Relationship problem

Rham

Hey, you're a filipino?, yes Im from baguio mission means its in region 1:), I just saw all the comments and Im really amazed there are lot of really inspiring advices I can use. Im really happy you help me with this. I know I need to focus on my mission first :), I just hope the mission president interview me soon and the call will arrive fast.

It's a small world after all. I spent 3 months as an exchange student in Baguio City. The weather was so kind to this Seattleite (I would probably have melted in a place like Manila). :)

BTW, Anatess will have the best insight on conversion from Catholicism. However, if you are considering an interfaith relationship, how would the children be raised? Would either of your extended family have any input about that? Will you marry as Catholics, LDS, or neither? Will their be long-term hard feelings in the family? Broken relationships?

My personal suggestion is that you begin to loosen the relationship. You may not need to break it...just reduce the pressure to "move forward." You're both at a busy, active point in your single lives, so just be really close friends who may have options in the distant future.

Edited by prisonchaplain

Yep! Filipino citizen currently residing in the US. There's another member her named Bini who is also Filipino but she grew up in Europe and now residing in the US.

I married my husband when I was Roman Catholic. My husband had no expectations that I would convert. But, he knows that my relationship with God is very important to me. He attended Mass with me even if I refused to attend Sacrament Meeting with him (dunno if you have exposure to Catholicism in the Philippines. They are discouraged from attending non-Catholic services). Anyway, I thought he was going to be baptized Catholic because he was active Catholic and even helped in Catholic activities but he told me that he has an unshakeable testimony of the restored gospel. I asked him if he believes I'm going to hell and he said he has a greater chance of going to hell than me! So, I got curious and started reading and learning about LDS beliefs and 3 years later I asked to be baptized.

A mixed faith marriage can work out. But, it is always a bad idea going into the marriage expecting the other to change religions. And you have to already have a plan on how to raise the children before you get married.

Hope this helps.

wow, your story is great :D, Im glad you found a great man. You really help sister, It really enlightened my mind. I just feel it that I should really be an good example for her just like your husband. But if it didn't work in time, I guess I should accept the truth.

It's a small world after all. I spent 3 months as an exchange student in Baguio City. The weather was so kind to this Seattleite (I would probably have melted in a place like Manila). :)

BTW, Anatess will have the best insight on conversion from Catholicism. However, if you are considering an interfaith relationship, how would the children be raised? Would either of your extended family have any input about that? Will you marry as Catholics, LDS, or neither? Will their be long-term hard feelings in the family? Broken relationships?

My personal suggestion is that you begin to loosen the relationship. You may not need to break it...just reduce the pressure to "move forward." You're both at a busy, active point in your single lives, so just be really close friends who may have options in the distant future.

wow, its realll a small world. :)

I really appreciate what anatess had said, And oh btw, I dont really want to think about the "children" thats way too ahead. :D , all I needed is advice on what should I do in our relationship and I guess I know it.

I should first prioritize my mission first, if she ever change if I come back, and I guess I should accept it. :)