Ask Kat

ldsrebel

I could do with some help - one of my closest friends will be 15 in December we have been good friends since I was her primary teacher. By 12 she had written her first novel and is currently trying to get it published, I want to get her a just because gift, maybe a good book but I am a little out of touch - I don't want it to be an adult just getting it wrong lol I forget sometimes she isn't the same age as myself (30)

Charley

I could do with some help - one of my closest friends will be 15 in December we have been good friends since I was her primary teacher. By 12 she had written her first novel and is currently trying to get it published, I want to get her a just because gift, maybe a good book but I am a little out of touch - I don't want it to be an adult just getting it wrong lol I forget sometimes she isn't the same age as myself (30)

Charley

I'm sure she will be flattred that you thought of her. :)

Sounds as though she is into litature. A book sounds like a good idea, or maybe a border gift card.

What types of books does she read? I myself am a bookworm so I may be able to recomend an book.

(I am also writing a book. :lol: )

What else does she enjoy? Music maybe?

Sounds as though she is into litature. A book sounds like a good idea, or maybe a border gift card.

What types of books does she read? I myself am a bookworm so I may be able to recomend an book.

trouble is I always buy her a book or music - might just get her a big bunch of flowers for being such a great friend she is my favourite babysitter as she looks after my dog and cat so well as well as the kids.

Charley

trouble is I always buy her a book or music - might just get her a big bunch of flowers for being such a great friend she is my favourite babysitter as she looks after my dog and cat so well as well as the kids.

Charley

LOL

She's a teen. There's no such thing as 'too much music' and from the sounds of it books as well.

If anyone needs some cool, clean bands let me know!

yeah that would be good I want to get my brother something - he is 26 but even so he is much younger at heart.

Also my daughter is 3.5 going on 15 (put it this way she wanted an ipod and a digital camera for Christmas, has her own style lol gets embarrased if Mum is not stylish enough:)) we are having a lot of teen style battles - what gets you to listen to your Mum?

Charley

<div class='quotemain'>

If anyone needs some cool, clean bands let me know!

yeah that would be good I want to get my brother something - he is 26 but even so he is much younger at heart.

Also my daughter is 3.5 going on 15 (put it this way she wanted an ipod and a digital camera for Christmas, has her own style lol gets embarrased if Mum is not stylish enough:)) we are having a lot of teen style battles - what gets you to listen to your Mum?

Charley

Bands.

Flyleaf (rock)

Jump5 (pop)

Skillet (screamo/emo/rock)

Tobymac (rap)

But does he like rock?

Or more contemporary?

Check out www.musicfaith.com

They have lots of good stuff!

I usaly listen to me mum if I think it's my idea.... :rolleyes:

Yes, Us teens can be quite ego-tistical...

Some of the battle is probably pressure to be "cool."

She Public school?

Compramise! Ex: She likes rock. Most rock is fowl.

Solution? Find some clean rock groups. There's plenty....

• 3 weeks later...