Criticism

Guest Yediyd

Guest Yediyd

A little seed lay in the ground and soon began to sprout;

"Now which of all the flowers around shall I," it mused;" come out"

The seed could then be heard saying, " I don't care to be a rose. It has Thorns! I have no desire to be a lilly. It's too colorless, and I CERTIANLY wouldn't want to be a violet. It's too small and grows too close to the ground."

...and so it criticized each flower; that supercilious seed, until it woke up one summer hour, and found itself...

a WEED!!!!

Author unknown

Guest Yediyd

Here's another one:

I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day.

I'd rather one would walk with me than merely show the way.

The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear;

Fine council is confusing, but example always clear;

And the best of all the preachers are the men who live their creeds.

For to see the good in action is what everybody needs.

I can soon learn how to do it if you'll let me see it done.

I can watch your hands in action, but your tongue too fast may run.

And the lectures you deliver may be wise and true:

But I'd rather get my lesson by observing what you do.

For I may misunderstand you and the high advise you give.

But there's no misunderstanding how you act and how you live.

-Edgar A Guest

Guest Yediyd

k.......here's another one:

If you had been living when Christ was on Earth and had met the savior kind,

what would you have ask of him, supposing you were blind?

The man considered and then replied, " I expect that without doubt, I'd have asked for a dog and a chain to lead me daily about."

And how often thus, in our faithless prayers, we acknowledge with shamed surprise...

we have only ask for a dog and a chain, when we might have had opened eyes!

Author unknown

Guest Yediyd

Ok...see if you can recognize this:

Dug from the mountain side, washed in the glen...

Servant am I or master of men.

Steal me, I curse you;

Earn me, I bless you;

Grasp me and hord me, a fiend shall posess you!

Lie fo me, die for me;

Covet me, take me,

Angel or devil, I am what you make me!

Here's a hint: :money:

Guest Emma Hale Smith

...and so it criticized each flower; that supercilious seed, until it woke up one summer hour, and found itself...a WEED!!!!

Hey Yediyd,

Aren't Sunflowers weeds? I love Sunflowers! :D

Emma

Guest Yediyd

<div class='quotemain'>...and so it criticized each flower; that supercilious seed, until it woke up one summer hour, and found itself...a WEED!!!!

Hey Yediyd,

Emma

I'm not sure about sunflowers, but I LOVE dandilions! We used to have a tradition every year of finding dandilion fields and taking pictures of oue kids in the dandilions...I haven't done it since my husband and I broke up...but it was fun when the kids were little. I have some GREAT shots of my kids in the dandilions!

Guest Emma Hale Smith

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>...and so it criticized each flower; that supercilious seed, until it woke up one summer hour, and found itself...a WEED!!!!

Hey Yediyd,

Emma

I'm not sure about sunflowers, but I LOVE dandilions! We used to have a tradition every year of finding dandilion fields and taking pictures of oue kids in the dandilions...I haven't done it since my husband and I broke up...but it was fun when the kids were little. I have some GREAT shots of my kids in the dandilions!

Do you have pics of your kids? I'd love to see some.

Emma

Guest Yediyd

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Hey Yediyd,

Emma

Do you have pics of your kids? I'd love to see some.

Emma

Sure...too tired to try to figure it out tonight...but I'll give it a shot tomarrow. I have a scanner and printer. I'm not very good with all my new gadgets yet...but nows as good a time as any to learn. so...how do i get the pictures to you, Emma? explane it like you were talking to a 5 yr old and maybe I might get it. I know I have to scan the pictures first..then save them to my computer...then what? Do you have an e-mail address you could pm to me? (atually...FIRST, I'll have to dig out those dandilion pictures!)

Guest Yediyd

these are sooo awesome!! where do you find them?! :ahhh:

I have been collecting poems and quotes for YEARS!!!!!

I also write alot of poetry....I am a lover of words, hence my meny posts!

<div class='quotemain'>

these are sooo awesome!! where do you find them?! :ahhh:

I have been collecting poems and quotes for YEARS!!!!!

I also write alot of poetry....I am a lover of words, hence my meny posts!

then i shall do the same!!! :lol: i got a few cool ones from YW....i can't remember them from the top of my head, but they're good! :sparklygrin:

Guest Yediyd

As long as you apreciate them, I'll keep them comming!

The Window

There were once two men, both seriously ill in the same small room of a great hospital. It was quite a small room, just enough room for the pair of them, 2 beds, 2 bedside lockers, a door and one small window.

One of the men, as part of his treatment, was allowed to sit up in bed for an hour in the afternoon. (it had something to do with the draining of fluid from his lungs) This man's bed happened to be next to the window.

The other man had to spend all of his time flat on his back. Both men had to be kept still and un-disturbed. Which was the reason they were in this small room by themselves...none of the bustle and clatter from the general ward for them. Of course, the big disadvantage of this was that they weren't allowed much to do either. (because of their conditions) No reading, no radio, no tv, they just had to keep calm and still.

Evert afternoon, when the man next to the window was propped up for his hour, he would pass the time away by discribing what he could see out the window. Thia was the only stimulation either man had, and the other man began to LIVE for those hours.

The window apparently overlooked a park with a lake where there were ducks and swans, children throwing bread and sailing modle boats, and young lovers walking hand in hand beneath the trees. There were flowers and stretches of grass and games of softball, and people taking their ease in the warm summer sunshine.

The man on his back would listen to all of this, enjoying every minuet- how beautifull the girls were in their summer dresses, then an exciting ball game, or a small boy playing with a puppy. After a while, he too could almost see what was happening outside.

One afternoon, when there was some sort of colorfull parade going on in this lovely park, the thought struck him...Why shouldn't I get the chance to see all this? He felt ashamed and tried not to think like that, but the more he tried; the more the thoughts plagued him.

It wasn't long before his guilt began to be replaced by bitter resentment. He should be by the window! After all, it was about time HE had a turn!!!! He brooded and couldn't sleep.

One night, as he staired up at the ceiling, the other man suddenly woke up coughing and choking; the fluid was conjesting in his lungs. His hands groped for the butten that would call the nurse. The other man watched without moving. The coughing and choking racked the darkness, on and on, the poor man tried, but he just could not reach the signal button to get a nurse. The other man did nothing, though his button was well within reach. Almost as suddenly as the comotion began, the coughing choked off and then stopped all together. The man next to the window was dead.

The other man decided to wait a few days before asking to be moved next to the window. He didn't want them to think him greedy, but just as soon as the nurse moved him and left the room, he propped himself up on one elbow painfully and laboriously looked out the window.

...it faced a blank wall.

Author unknown