World's Strangest Animals

Elphaba

<div class='quotemain'>

Posted Image

Elphaba

LOL! Looks like a walking mop! (Hey, that could be very useful... )

Based on what I see in the news, by far the most bizarre animal on earth is the homo "sapiens" (people naming themselves "wise" is even more bizarre!)!

Dror

Spoiler! That was going to be my ending! :D

(You're a smart guy!)

Elphaba

Spoiler! That was going to be my ending! :D

(You're a smart guy!)

Elphaba

*blush*

Do you ever, by any chance, read "News of the Weird?" It really cracks me up--it is astounding what kinds of things people do!! Actually, much of what I read in the regular news is truly bizarre.

To paraphrase Will Rogers, "I don't tell jokes. I just watch [people] and report the facts."

Do you ever, by any chance, read "News of the Weird?" It really cracks me up--it is astounding what kinds of things people do!!

No, I hadn't. But on your suggestion I checked it out and you're right, it is astounding. It's too bad it's copyrighted or we could bring some of it over here.

Actually, much of what I read in the regular news is truly bizarre.

Actually, much of what I read HERE is truly bizzare. :P

Elphaba

~~Bump~~ Elphaba, have you run out of critters??

I'm sorry, Iggy. My computer imploded and I've been using my mother's to check in now and then. Mine is at the shop to hopefully recover my hard drive, and then I'll be able to return to this thread.

I've also ordered a new laptop which should be here Wednesday. It's so odd, it started out in Anchorage, AK, then shipped to Beijing, China, and is now in Nashville, TN! I should have it by Wednesday.

It's so nice of you to remember. :wub:

Elphaba

I'm sorry, Iggy. My computer imploded and I've been using my mother's to check in now and then. Mine is at the shop to hopefully recover my hard drive, and then I'll be able to return to this thread.

I've also ordered a new laptop which should be here Wednesday. It's so odd, it started out in Anchorage, AK, then shipped to Beijing, China, and is now in Nashville, TN! I should have it by Wednesday.

It's so nice of you to remember. :wub:

Elphaba

My computer geek is my Husband :wub: , when I mess up my 'puter - he very patiently fixes it. When I crash it - he very patiently hugs me, then fixes it. :wub: I absolutely love and adore my husband.

I love animals. Even strange and ugly ones. I like to learn about them. I think the Manatee is a great animal - a gentle one. But alas I do not know how to put a picture in my post. That first one you posted -

The Leafy Seadragon - the first time I saw that was at the Seattle Aquarium oh probably 6 years ago. My nephews and niece took me there. Each one individually - 4 separate trips. You know, each trip I actually saw something different each time!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lung_fish

These fish can breathe air!

One of my favourite sea animals are the cuttlefish. They are very beautiful and intelligent animals. They change colours to communicate, they are related to squids and octopus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuttlefish

Also, have you ever heard of mermaids purses? They are actually shark eggs. (OK Its not an animal, but i think they look cool!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid%27s_purse