Why are you still here? Teaching ideas: RS, Priesthood

Sunday21

This talk is scheduled in a month for RS/Priesthood. I got nuthing! Hmm! I thought of asking people before the meeting, 'You know the last time, you felt like quitting? WHy did you stay? ' And then I thought, well 'that's not very faith promoting! Six months later, there will be an increase in the drop rate as people start asking themselves 'Why am I still here?' Hmmm. I don't even think this talk would make a good buzz groups, which is my go to when I am stuck! 

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/to-whom-shall-we-go?lang=eng

So maybe a list of why we are a better worship choice than other churches?

Edited by Sunday21

I'm pretty sure I taught this, but I don't keep my notes for lessons.  I'm also reasonably sure we talked about what doctrines bring us peace and strength (i.e. why we stay) and how to deepen our conversion so that when trials come, leaving isn't an option.

I think you could also discuss how to deal with doubts or things that might try to pull you away, so that you're prepared before they come.

At the end of the day, I think the idea of that talk was for each of us to make our discipleship intentional rather than habitual, convenient, or routine, so that we can say, like Peter, this is where the truth is, there's nowhere else to go.