Formula 1 2018

unixknight

On 5/11/2018 at 12:37 PM, unixknight said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Ricciardo/Verstappen collision 2 weeks ago was hilarious? 

No. I thought it was hilarious as well. Verstappen is one of my least favorite drivers so having him out of the race was great in my view. He has to be the most arrogant and cocky mid level drivers there is. He thinks he’s the best driver in the field and that everyone should just clear a path and let him through. When they don’t he has a long record of taking them out of the race. 

I felt bad for Ricciardo. I think he’s a good guy and didn’t deserve it. However, I don’t like the Red Bull team so I don’t mind if both cars go out of the race. 

My favorites to win would be Kimi or Bottas. Interestingly both Finns   

3 minutes ago, unixknight said:

I'm a Vettel fan, myself... Though I admit sometimes he's his own worst enemy...

I’m not a Vettel fan but I don’t hate him. 

For me the glory days of F1 were the Schumacher days. I feel bad for how things have turned out with him. 

21 minutes ago, BJ64 said:

I’m not a Vettel fan but I don’t hate him. 

For me the glory days of F1 were the Schumacher days. I feel bad for how things have turned out with him. 

I'm a relatively recent fan so I guess I don't know what I missed. Maybe that's a good thing.  😃

6 minutes ago, unixknight said:

I'm a relatively recent fan so I guess I don't know what I missed. Maybe that's a good thing.  😃

You missed Michael win seven world championships and break virtually every record. 

I started watching in 1995. 

15 minutes ago, BJ64 said:

You missed Michael win seven world championships and break virtually every record. 

I started watching in 1995. 

When I was a kid I was into racing but back then the only thing I could find was NASCAR.  Maybe I just dind't know where to look, but then again with only 4 VHF channels it may bot have even been an option 😉

I keep going back and forth between liking Hamilton and hating him.  On the one hand, he comes off a little arrogant and he's always the favorite, but on the other hand he seems to be a very compassionate person and respectable.  There's no question that he's a great racer, but I think he gets fawned over too much.

21 minutes ago, unixknight said:

When I was a kid I was into racing but back then the only thing I could find was NASCAR.  Maybe I just dind't know where to look, but then again with only 4 VHF channels it may bot have even been an option 😉

I keep going back and forth between liking Hamilton and hating him.  On the one hand, he comes off a little arrogant and he's always the favorite, but on the other hand he seems to be a very compassionate person and respectable.  There's no question that he's a great racer, but I think he gets fawned over too much.

I started watching formula 1 when I first got satellite TV. Before then it was not available to me. 

I tolerate Hamilton because he drives for Mercedes. I don’t really like him that much though. My favorite teams are Mercedes and Ferrari so this year is working out well.  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, season's over.

I'm thinking the biggest threat to  Hamilton next year will be Verstappen.  Free that kid up to go hunting without having to play second fiddle to Ricciardo and you've got a real racer.  I bet Red Bull has Gasly just back him up but stay OUT of his way.