LDS Trivia and Puzzles

Jeremy A

Hello, fellow LDS Trivia and Puzzles players:
This crisis is draining, but we'll get through it with an adjusted normal returning. Hang in there.
It's difficult to determine an exact time to hold a trivia game. Personally, Sunday is the perfect day, but games can occur on other days of the week. Monday is Family Home Evening, and people also work during the day. When I first did this over 20 years ago, it was a Friday evening and other days I can't remember.
Having said that, I'll try having people contact me on when to have a game. It may seem silly to schedule an appointment for a trivia game, but that may be what it takes to get games going.
Reply to this post with days and times that work well for you. When requesting times, it's best to put your time zone, and I can adjust it to match; however, if there's no time zone specified, I'll assume it's my time, which is PDT (Pacific Daylight Time). For those outside the United States and Canada, please give me the nearest major city in your country in the same time zone. This allows me to look up how it differs from mine and adjust it.
Now, something else to consider is that trivia games can be more fun with more than one player. If possible, gather as many people as possible and share this post, too. The last game I had a game was back in August of 2018. One person came to play and then found someone else to play with him. Actually, he found two with one leaving early.
The game still takes place on channel #lds_trivia on DALnet, an Internet Relay Chat network that's been around since the 1990s and the location of the first version of this game. Please see the website for more details.
One thing I will do is hang out in the channel when I'm available. If someone comes, I can start a game on the fly.
Finally, as for updates, I did a lot of work on the website and some aspects of the game. I even worked on updating the script for my mailing list and tested it by signing up. It works. If it doesn't, let me know with as much information as possible. Worst case scenario, I can sign you up manually when you send me an email.