Bunnzy

bunnzy

If you feel you are getting no where praying then I would recommend that you look for opportunities to serve. Put no restictions on it. Help complete strangers as well as service in your ward and family. There is no faster way to get the spirit then by doing unto others.

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself. The best way to lose yourself is to give of yourself…

Bunnzy,

Although service is a wonderful tool, you also need to be ok with being selfish right now. You need to love yourself, and you need to heal. I know that the "depression monsters" make being selfish unnatural, but now is a time when you need to focus on yourself so that you can then share the real you with your brothers and sisters through service.

Maya Angelou (not a direct quote, going by memory here) once said “We accept the love we think we deserve.” You will receive so much love through serving others, but first you need to realize that you deserve so much more than the darkness has deceitfully made you think you deserve.

-Stu

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Bunnzy...

Just as an aside, and because you are from "down Under" Australia... I want to mention that one of my very favorite movies, based on a true story from I think the 30's and 40"s, is about an Australian racehorse named "Phar Lap." Are you familiar with Phar Lap? He was called the Australian wonderhorse... winning nearly every race, including the Melborne Cup. The racing board finally mandated extra "weight" to be added to him so that other horses would stand a better chance, but no matter how much weight they added, he continued to win. When it got to the point where many owners didn't want to enter races against him, they finally brought him to America to race here against our best horses. He raced first at Agua Caliente in TiaJuana, Mexico where he also won. Threats were made against his life because he was upsetting "racing" because there was just no competition, and when he entered a race all the bets were on him and the tracks couldn't keep up with the payoffs. So after one threat, he was taken up to Menlo Park, California to a stables for safekeeping. But, he became ill and died... the theory is that someone poisoned his feed... Phar Lap is said to be the best horse of all time. Even greater than America's War Admiral and Seabiscuit.

Garden Girl