Lost Hymns Site

NateHowe

Thanks Nate! My stake choir director just sent me a bunch of useful information today you might be interested in. I should start a thread about it. I was having a sheet music dilemma. I don't like ordering it online because I can't play it first to see if I like it, but there aren't any stores in town that carry what I need. He says he has his own library and is going to let me look through it. Woo hoo! When I lived in the Tacoma area, I used to go to Ted Brown Music and they had an entire floor dedicated to sheet music. It's just too far away from me now, but I love that store.

Our ward director has been using a bunch of free music, which is nice, but there are so many pieces I would love to do. I told him if he doesn't use the budget, our budget for next year will probably decrease. One ward I was in, almost all of the songs we did were Sally DeFord songs because hers are free. I appreciate her, but I like to sing a variety of music. I'm the pianist now and we're singing her version of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day". How many fingers does she think I have anyway????!!!! It changes keys two or three times, goes to 4 sharps (I hate sharps for some reason), and towards the end it is jumping all over the place. If I get sick, no one else will be able to play it. Ugh. I'm feeling the pressure.

Right now I have about five musical numbers to plan and everyone wants me to pick something for them.