New Here

Laura28

Hi everyone! My name is Laura and I'm new to this board. I have been a member all my life, I am married and have three beautiful children, 5, 3 and 1. My questions mainly have to do with my husband, who is a member, but has been less active for 5 years. We married in the LasVegas Temple after his mission, and all seemed great for the first two years, then he went inactive, and is now becoming anti-mormon. I'm not too sure where to go from here. I just need some support with what seems to be his relentless attacks now towards me and the gospel. Anyway, I wasn't sure if this is the board to ask questions that have to do with deep doctrinally based questions. Thanks!

Welcome Laura...

I know it must be difficult to have someone you thought would be active turn away... it must put a strain on your marriage... this is exactly the right place to be... as f4k said, you can go into "Chat" and let us know more about your situation... whatever you feel comfortable sharing... and maybe we can help with some insights, etc. There are other threads on "Doctrine" where you can ask some of your doctrinal questions, and you'll get answers here from the LDS perspective only.

All good wishes...

from the beautiful central Oregon coast... The Garden Girl

Hi everyone! My name is Laura and I'm new to this board. I have been a member all my life, I am married and have three beautiful children, 5, 3 and 1. My questions mainly have to do with my husband, who is a member, but has been less active for 5 years. We married in the LasVegas Temple after his mission, and all seemed great for the first two years, then he went inactive, and is now becoming anti-mormon. I'm not too sure where to go from here. I just need some support with what seems to be his relentless attacks now towards me and the gospel. Anyway, I wasn't sure if this is the board to ask questions that have to do with deep doctrinally based questions. Thanks!

We personally know two other woman in our ward that are having the same problems as you are, One is older and her kids are grown and gone, the other has young kids, married to a non member whom makes remarks and such but this wonderfull mother keeps her kids and self active, {very active} and has the most wonderfull kids you could ever ask for! and it is because of the church and its programs that they are this way, its much too important for your families eternal and mortal happiness. Myself and wife will pray for you and your family

:mellow:

Hi Laura,

I'm so sorry to hear that your husband has gone down that path and I hope you will find good answers and support here. I grew up in a home with an inactive father which was difficult, but he rarely said anything negative about the church. He didn't dare try to drag us kids away because he knew that would be the last straw for my mom.

Welcome to the board.

:)

MorningStar