My Intro and Testimony!

jdnewman

Hello everyone my name is Jeramie I'm 23 and happily married to my wife. I grew up as a Southern Baptist. I was taught that the Mormon church was wrong and very unrighteous in God's eyes and never to listen to anyone from the church. I at the age of 17 found myself very lonely and in a group of very bad kids , drug dealers and druggies and I had started going to a school in the town that I lived in and started hanging out and playing basketball on Thursday night's and a guy that I played with got me to go to a church with him that was southern baptist denomination and I started going and finally after about 3 weeks I got saved. I went on going there until just this last year when we left for reasons that the Devil had finally taken over that church and we both felt like we where missing something. My wife had been telling me that we need to start going back to church I kept on telling her no.

She finally talk me in to going to a local ward about one county over and I actually was surprised to know that I was not alone and that there where a lot of people that converted from my denomination and joined the church. I had a missionary give me a Book of Mormon and I started reading it. But even though I had never seen or read anything of this such I understood more of it than I actually understood most any other reading over the bible itself. All of the Gospel Principles I understood especially the Celestial Kingdom and all that we where learning. I understand more of the Book of Mormon, D&C, and Pearl of Great Price than most my age. I just here recently started going back to another ward in Lebanon, TN and I got my first set of scriptures and so far I have read from 1 Nephi - 2 Nephi Chapter 2. I am so happy that I am going to join the church I want to fulfill all of my covenants (To be baptized, get my temple recommend, receive priesthood, be sealed to wife, be sealed to my children if I have had any and be baptized for my ancestors.) I know that the church is true and that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God and that Jesus is his son and all the scriptures are true.