I love missionary work

lds_sister2

I'm a very recent convert...literally...I just got comfirmed a week ago...but I already have a plan to go on a mission, or turn in my papers a year from now.

I participated in my very first type of missionary work today. I was talking to an old friend, who is very religious but a non member, that I haven't talked to in a long time. We were talking about fighting addictions and giving up things for faith. So I shared with her the things I had given up since gaining a witness of the gospel and being baptized into the LDS Church.

She instantly began giving me her concerns of the truthfulness of the gospel and concerns about me believing its word. So I shared with her my testimony and the faith that I had in the Plan of Salvation. We talked for almost and hour. I evem got out my sciptures and read some stuff from the New Testament and D&C.

After I hung up, I was exhilirated. I truly cannot wait until I am a full time missionary. Whether she was interested or not, it felt wonderful to share the gospel with someone.