Bible quiz

Dr T

After Jesus had risen from the dead, what did He say to Mary Magdalene when she realized who He was?

a. “Peace be with you”

b. “Receive the Holy Spirit”

c. “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father.”

d. “What’z up?” (hopefully that did not sound too disrespectful to anyone)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaaha no, it was a banana tree. The text says it was "a-peeling" :rofl:

It was Adam

Sorry Hiz, but your last answer is incorrect.

Oh great......... Please say you have a day time job !!! j/k

So if Adam and Eve were married, they are of one flesh right? And if they are a team, then I personally feel it was both. But I will gladly let the man take the fall... LOL

Yes, Jn. 20:17 "don't cling..."

I do have a day job-U didn't love that? a-peeling! :lol:

Eve was deceived while Adam was idolatrous by following his woman. "As sin came into the world from one man..." I'll take the blame. I think it's interesting how Adam responded to God, "It was the woman YOU gave me!" Shift in blame. That's human nature I think.

Acts 9:10-19 says

Act 9:10 Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and the Lord said to him in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord."

Act 9:11 And the Lord {said} to him, "Get up and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying, Act 9:12 and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him, so that he might regain his sight." Act 9:13 But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he did to Your saints at Jerusalem; Act 9:14 and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name." Act 9:15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel; Act 9:16 for I will show him how much he must suffer for My name's sake." Act 9:17 So Ananias departed and entered the house, and after laying his hands on him said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road by which you were coming, has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit." Act 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he regained his sight, and he got up and was baptized; Act 9:19 and he took food and was strengthened.

When Saul (Paul) first came to Jerusalem, the disciples though that he was not a real believer and were afraid of him. Who demonstrated boldness and brought Paul to the apostles?

a. Simon

b. Apollos

c. Barnabas

d. Tex

Only if you want to Hiz. You're doing great! Acts 3:1-2 says it was John

What were the names of the couple who lied to Peter and the Holy Spirit about how much money they had received for telling a piece of land?

a. Aquila and Priscilla

b. Ananias and Sapphira

c. Zacharias and Elizabeth

d. Sampson and Delilah

b. Ananias and Sapphira

Acts 5

Ananias and Sapphira

1Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2With his wife's full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles' feet.

3Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God."

5When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 7About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. his wife came in Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?" "Yes," she said

1 year ago

9Peter said to her, "How could you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also."

10At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events