Bible quiz

Dr T

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B. Brothers of Jesus?

I know Judas, James and Simon were disciples, but I seem to remember that Joses was listed as Jesus's brother, not a disciple. So I figure maybe, since those names were pretty common, the others listed were his brothers too.

B. Brothers of Jesus?

I know Judas, James and Simon were disciples, but I seem to remember that Joses was listed as Jesus's brother, not a disciple. So I figure maybe, since those names were pretty common, the others listed were his brothers too.

Very good M&M you're correct, found in Matt. 13:55

According to Matt. chapter 13l, who were James, Joses, Simon and Judas?

a. Disciples of Jesus

b. Brothers of Jesus

c. lepers cured by Jesus

B (v. 55), but then what about the notion of Mary being a perpetual virgin? Errrr . . . Did Joseph have other wives or were these guys J-sus' brethren in the local synagogue?

B (v. 55), but then what about the notion of Mary being a perpetual virgin? Errrr . . . Did Joseph have other wives or were these guys J-sus' brethren in the local synagogue?

I know of no scripture that taught that Mary was a perpetual virgin. In Matthew it only says that Joseph did not know her until after she gave birth to Jesus. If he never knew her (carnally, as husband and wife), why would they make such a specification? There is no reason to believe that Mary remained a virgin her entire life when she had a lawfully wedded husband.

Matthew 1:25 specifically states: "And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS."

"Firstborn son" indicates that he was the first of multiple sons. If he was her ONLY child, the scriptures would not call him her firstborn. Mary, therefore, had more than one son, and was therefore not a perpetual virgin.

Edited by MormonMama

I agree with your answer MormonMama :)

===

Where is a prophet without honor?

a. In his own country and in his own house

b. Los Angeles

c. Rome

d. Ephesus

My first instinct was Los Angeles, but I don't respect much LA (especially the basket-ball teams {Ooooo . . . Dr.T, c'mon you're a very smart dude: how can you like the Lakers?}, but the surf isn't any good any more either), however on second thought, I picked 'A'. Edited by the Ogre

I agree with your answer MormonMama :)

===

Where is a prophet without honor?

a. In his own country and in his own house

b. Los Angeles

c. Rome

d. Ephesus

According to Christ, A. He said as much when he was rejected in his home town of Nazareth.

Wow! Being ganged up on for my home team :rolleyes:! I've always been a Lakers fan. We have our work cut out for us tonight.

===

Yes, good answer Faded. It was Jesus that said that in Matt 13:57. We also see that he didn't do many mighty works in Nazareth because of the unbelief there (v. 58). I've read that and I never get why that's the case.

Yes, Faded, Peter (Matt 16:16). Good job. This was a turning point in His ministry to His disciples. After this identification of His person, Jesus began o teach about His purpose of dying fro sins (16:21-23; 20:18, 19)

YES! 3-Peter, James and John (Matt 17:1) Good one MormonMama

===

What did a woman do to Jesus at the house of Simon the leper in Bethany?

a. Anointed Him with costly oil

b. Touch the hem of His garment

c. Got Him water from the well

d. Watched old reruns.

True or False? Judas Iscariot asked the chief priests how much they would give him for delivering Jeus to them. (in Matt 26)

Interesting you said "much". "Much" is not mentioned. He asked in v15(KJV) "What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you?" My guess is that he left it open so they could negotiate. The NIV agrees with this: "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?"

The answer is False.

In the New Testament, Judas Iscariot death came by hanging himself in one passage. In a different account, he fell headlong and his bowels gushed out. These are two vastly different accounts of his death. Which one correctly describes how Judas really died?

Acts 1:18 "With the reward he got for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out. 19Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this, so they called that field in their language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood."

Matthew 27:3-5

"3 When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders.

4 "I have sinned," he said, "for I have betrayed innocent blood." "What is that to us?" they replied. "That's your responsibility."

5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself."

A.) Judas hung himself.

B.) Judas fell and his bowels gushed out.

C.) Neither one is correct.

D.) Both are correct.

E.) Judas faked his death anyways, so the question is irrelevant.

I just say this post as I was running out and the two of those are not necessarily a contradiction. It could have been both without the two accounts being at odds. Just a thought. C u all later

True but the Biblical account is missing the correlation. The correct answer according to the JST = Both.