No Spanish Conquest In Americas

Traveler

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Traveler@Jan 27 2004, 09:58 AM

Are you trying to tell me that Thoreau agrees that all truth can be demonstrated without any possible question or alternate possibility? I think you should read Thoreau again.

No I am saying that you are overly verbose and you take Thoreau's advice and simplify.

I have heard that there is a new edition of The Book of Mormon on Trial, updated to include all recent evidences for the BoM.

Originally posted by Snow@Jan 29 2004, 02:07 AM

I have heard that there is a new edition of The Book of Mormon on Trial, updated to include all recent evidences for the BoM.

Which will no doubt backed by the non-LDS scientific community because actual evidences will be used.

"Here is a picture of a hill in Mexico. This is the Hill Cumorah because it is definitely a hill."

Therefore the church is true.

Guest Taoist_Saint

Originally posted by bat@Jan 27 2004, 08:31 PM

BTW, are you sure you want to go with the Quetzalcoatl /jesus paralell?

I have heard a little bit about this parallel. I'm just curious...what is the evidence against it?

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint+Jan 29 2004, 04:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taoist_Saint @ Jan 29 2004, 04:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bat@Jan 27 2004, 08:31 PM

I have heard a little bit about this parallel. I'm just curious...what is the evidence against it?

Try this.

The existance or non-existance of steel is the least of the problems facing the BoM. I'm still waiting for one piece of reliable affirmative evidence in its favor. The fact that one doesn't find steel in ancient america is HARDLY evidence of anything. Lack of negative evidence is hardly proof for the positive.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Peace@Jan 27 2004, 08:40 PM

Thanks Traveler...that was good!

Was it? I'd think it was good if there were viable references to scientific journals or publications with the list.

Guest Taoist_Saint
Originally posted by bat+Jan 29 2004, 05:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bat @ Jan 29 2004, 05:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Taoist_Saint@Jan 29 2004, 04:16 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--bat@Jan 27 2004, 08:31 PM

Try this.

Thanks. That's alot of evidence against it. What is the evidence for it?

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint+Jan 29 2004, 07:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taoist_Saint @ Jan 29 2004, 07:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bat@Jan 29 2004, 05:41 PM

Originally posted by -Taoist_Saint@Jan 29 2004, 04:16 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--bat@Jan 27 2004, 08:31 PM

Try this.

Thanks. That's alot of evidence against it. What is the evidence for it?

Following his resurrection, the Savior visited the people of ancient America as documented in the central message of the Book of Mormon. He told them that they were among his "other sheep." What a marvelous impression such a visit must have made on those fortunate people, reflected in the legends and beliefs passed down, though often distorted, through the generations. The presence of an astonishing and miraculous visit of a great god or hero who made beneficial cultural changes to their civilizations, taught peace, healed the sick, and established religion, is recorded in the legends of ancient people from nearly every area of the Americas--north, central, and south. Francis A. MacNutt gives us this insight: "The identity of Quetzalcoatl remains an unsolved mystery. So numerous and striking were the analogies to Christian teachings presented by the Mexican beliefs and rituals that the conviction has obtained among many, that this mysterious personage was no other than a Christian priest or bishop."40 William H. Prescott adds, "None of the deities of the country (Mexico) suggested such astonishing analogies with Scripture as Quetzalcoatl."41 The teachings of the ancient Peruvian cultural hero, Tonapa, were described thus by an early Catholic observer: "So closely did they resemble the precepts of Jesus, that nothing was lacking in them but his name and that of his Father."42

FAIR