Sons of God

MrNirom

I would be most interested if you could produce any scripture that tells us that Satan is an angel. I have heard this many times but I cannot find such a scripture.

The Traveler

Will this be sufficient (especially D&C 76:25)?

II Nephi 6:21

And our spirits must have become like unto him,

And we become devils-angels to a devil-to be shut out

from the presence of our God and to remain with

the father of lies, in misery like unto himself;

II Nephi 6:39

Wherefore, they which are filthy

are the devil and his angels,

Jacob 2:65

And loose yourselves from the pains of hell, that ye may

not become angels to the devil, to be cast into that lake

of fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Mosiah 11:135

And then will I confess unto them that I never knew them;

And they shall depart into everlasting fire

prepared for the devil and his angels.

#

D&C 76: 21, 25, 33, 36, 44, 67, 88

21 And saw the holy aangels, and them who are bsanctified before his throne, worshiping God, and the Lamb, who cworship him forever and ever.

• • •

25 And this we saw also, and bear record, that an aangel of God who was in authority in the presence of God, who brebelled against the Only Begotten cSon whom the Father dloved and who was in the bosom of the Father, was thrust down from the presence of God and the Son,

• • •

33 For they are avessels of wrath, doomed to suffer the wrath of God, with the devil and his angels in eternity;

• • •

36 These are they who shall go away into the alake of fire and brimstone, with the devil and his angels—

• • •

44 Wherefore, he saves all aexcept them—they shall go away into beverlasting cpunishment, which is endless punishment, which is eternal punishment, to dreign with the edevil and his angels in eternity, where their fworm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched, which is their torment—

D&C 129:1 There are two kinds of beings in heaven, namely: Angels, who are resurrected personages, having bodies of flesh and bones—

2 For instance, Jesus said: Handle me and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

3 Secondly: the spirits of just men made perfect, they who are not resurrected, but inherit the same glory.

Wasn't there a war in Heaven and a third of the spirits followed Satan and the rest of us who didn't have passed onto the next stage by coming to earth to receive a body?

That's what the missionaries teach.

That's LDS restoration tradition, but I don't know that it is anywhere in scripture. The scriptures are clear that satan and those who followed him were angels, and those who follow him into his Kingdom will be his angels, the scriptures are equally clear there is a difference between angels and us. It even says Yahushua was made "a little lower then the angels" when he became mortal like us.

VofLehi, gave the scriptural definition of what an angel is vs. a ministering spirit.

We all have to draw our own conclusions.

Whisper, if one viewed the past, then yes.

The only troubling correction I would add. when we get to the Great and Noble Ones, not all were present in that grand discourse. Next, we needed to still convince those who before the second council, help in making the wise choice of not leaning towards Lucifer or his minions.

Kosher, even in the OT, I am sure you are thorough with, two angels came to Abrams tent. They were mortal men of the church whom I suspect from the City of Salem, which was nearby. These were not just angels per say, but a phrase that was used for righteous priesthood holders.

Where does it say anywhere they were mortal men? What about the angels that appeared to Nephi, Lehi, Jacob and other Book of Mormon prophets long before the resurrection of Yahushua for us?

LDS condemn folks like me and say we pick and choose what of Joseph's revelations and statements to believe, you guys do the same thing.

Then how do you address the revelation of D&C 129:1 thru 3?

" 1 There are two kinds of beings in aheaven, namely: bAngels, who are cresurrected personages, having dbodies of flesh and bones—

2 For instance, Jesus said: Handle me and see, for a spirit hath not aflesh and bones, as ye see me have.

3 Secondly: the aspirits of bjust men made cperfect, they who are not resurrected, but inherit the same glory."

I'm lost at how the above verses prove me wrong or you right.