Don't you just hate...

hethathathears

Don't youjust hate those people that just get on and start Bloging away without doing a propper introduction. My name is Jim and I chose the name "HE that hath ears" because in some ways I am frusterated that there are many in the church that just aren't listening.

My wife and I rented the Oakland Temple back in 1985 or 86 (not quite sure, don't tell her or she'll make me do pushups) and got sealed after I got off my mission. We got married on the 5th of July. I had to put it right next to a holiday so I wouldn't forget. I guess you could say, she had one last day of Indipendance before she married me. We started making kids right away (3). Little did we know then that they would all mutate into teenages. In fact, the last of my 3 just graduated last night from High School. Now my wife informs me that she wants to adopt 2 more girls, one age 4 and one 5. Just when I thought that I was done.

My dance card is exceedingly full as I have 1 3/4 full time jobs. (No rest for the wicked, and I must be pretty bad) and then the whole teenage thing. I work as a custodian at an elementary school to which I have a cult following of some 450 kids. They don't call me Jim, they call me the magic man as through their obediance, they can earn magic tricks.

Now days I can't go to the school anytime around lunch because one kid sees me, he will start pounding the table and saying magic, magic, magic... and then two kids, and then 6, and then 100... and then 450 and they keep chanting that until I do a trick for them. It is about that time that I usally end up in the princpales office for insiting a riot. But she's very gracious about it, she makes me run laps. My wife and I are also manager's of a park.

I absolutely love the gospel. I served as gospel doctrine teacher for a couple of years which I just loved. But instead of just reading the lesson over and teaching it, if it was on the Book of Ezekiel, I would read the entire book, over and over and over again to understand everything I can about why Ezekiel wrote his book, who he was, what were the problems that were going on in his day, and so forth. I found that the more I studied, the hungrier I was to learn more and to share it with others.

I have done alot of writting over the last several years, and at one time I wanted to write a Book and call it "In the form of a Dove," but alas, I am just to busy and so I have dumped a number of my stories in the Shared form, many of which have been written for years. I have also developed a passion for preparedness as I have sat back and watched the people of my ward and stake basically get caught up in the senery of life, while not taking the gospel seriously. It is not all, but a lot. It also concerned me that as a church, we didn't understand the currect affairs like Iran and Iraq and how they fit into the signs of the times. Therefore I have dumped a lot of my past work in the preparedness section.

In closing, I would like to say, in all things I try to be short of space, but I just have too much to say. Sorry. One last thing. I have two sides, a sarcastic side, and a very spiritual side. I try to keep the sarcasstic side in check, but sometimes it gets out. Sorry.

I have met a lot of great friends since joining this site. For years my kids have been addicted to computors to which I always gave them grief, and now over the last couple of weeks, my kids are giving me grief for the time I spend on the internet. Teenagers!

Edited by hethathathears
spelling

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here. I have one question, though.

My wife and I rented the Oakland Temple back in 1985 or 86 (not quite sure, don't tell her or she'll make me do pushups) and got sealed after I got off my mission.

How, exactly, does one go about renting the temple? I've never heard of anyone doing that before. What does it cost?

Living morally clean, obeying the word of wisdom, and 10% of my increase in the form of an honest tithe. Loving the Lord with all might heart, might, mind and soul, and my neighbor as myself, magnifying my priesthood calling. Honoring my beloved wife..... As this was a price I was willing to pay. In fact it was a bargan.

Edited by hethathathears

Hi he that hat hears :P Welcome from Norway. I cant understand WHY they do not have the warning on the babypacages... WARNING turning in to a teenager in 12 years!!! Handle with love, care and ragiousness so you might survive the teens!

I have kids from 32to 16 and grandkids from 14 to 3 :eek: Two kids stil home 16 and 18. We plan on bying a desert island somewhere warm with a child/teen detector with airraid sound!! Well a boat, sailboat would do... anyone have one for rent or sale?? Catamaran? :D