Burying The Past

Guest bat

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_2384399

I've seen this flick. It's a documentary. I don't recall any violence in this documentary. I wonder how many mormons would be irritated if the BoM movie were to be played at the film festival. I'm assuming that the BoM movie shows Nephi chopping off Laban's head because the voices in his head told him to. Now that's a good wholesome family film.

I saw the Book of Mormon movie when it was shown in Winnipeg at the Imax Theater.

Violent please, I thought it was poorly done and corny. The one big eye sore was the modern day textile used as wardrobe.

Every child raised in the church knows Labin lost his head and he was not a innocent since he sent his men to kill Nephi and his brothers.

BTW Good to see you Bat

Originally posted by Winnie G@Aug 4 2004, 11:18 AM

day textile used as wardrobe.

Every child raised in the church knows Labin lost his head and he was not a innocent since he sent his men to kill Nephi and his brothers.

Are you sure? Shouldn't you look at both sides of the story before making that judgement?

Originally posted by Faerie@Aug 4 2004, 08:14 PM

I don't think Laban's around to give his side of the story..

hardy..har...har

Of course not, and neither is Nephi. Just take a look at the available historical documents relating to the case.

Originally posted by Winnie G@Aug 4 2004, 08:26 PM

Oh come on Bat this is silly even for you.

Well okay, if you want to take the word of a character that could kill another human being in cold blood because the voices in his head told him to, you're right. I'm the silly one.

Originally posted by missgoodbar@Aug 4 2004, 09:49 PM

bat, you would call the Lord just a silly little voice in Nephi's head? I am confused by you... :huh:

Do you have proof that Nephi existed, and god spoke to him, and it was not just voices in his head? If not, I think my point stands. No, the BoM does not constitute proof, and neither do the voices in your head.

I don't have to have PROOF that Nephi existed and God spoke to him. I KNOW it. I've read the Book of Mormon and followed up with asking the Lord if the things were true. How can you deny a feeling like that? Maybe something like that would help ya bat!

Originally posted by missgoodbar@Aug 4 2004, 10:01 PM

I don't have to have PROOF that Nephi existed and God spoke to him. I KNOW it. I've read the Book of Mormon and followed up with asking the Lord if the things were true. How can you deny a feeling like that? Maybe something like that would help ya bat!

You're right. I should ignore history and trust my feelings. If I feel that something is true, that means that it is, even if it isn't. That's great advice, Thanks!

I feel that there is a giant invisible purple dragon that lives in my garage. It makes me feel good to think that. I even prayed to the giant purple dragon and asked it if it was there, and it told me that it was! Wow, this confirms what I read in a book that said that dragons can exist in peoples' garages.

Logic be darned*, I have my very own dragon!!!!!! WOOHOOOO!

Do you have a dragon too?

Did you notice that your signature line says that you are the keeper of the flame? That means that you have a dragon. I wonder if our dragons are friends. I think that they are, and that makes it true. Maybe you and I could be friends also.

Dang it, I guess I will have to rename it....? :huh:

Ok, so how did you come up with this dragon stuff anyways, oh yeah, I remember. I gotta go, bat. Say hi to your dragon for me.

Originally posted by missgoodbar@Aug 4 2004, 10:25 PM

Dang it, I guess I will have to rename it....? :huh:

Ok, so how did you come up with this dragon stuff anyways, oh yeah, I remember. I gotta go, bat. Say hi to your dragon for me.

You have to leave because you just found out that my dragon just ate your dragon. I know this because I prayed to my invisible dragon and it confirmed that it had just eaten your dragon. That makes it true. Yay!

Originally posted by Winnie G@Aug 5 2004, 09:10 PM

Is this more for the gospel form?

What does murdering in cold blood over one hundred innocent travelers in Southern Utah 150 years ago have to do with the gospel? Aside from the fact that they were doing what they believed the mormon god and it's prophet wanted them to do.

Bat please try to be considerate when you speak of the church, although you may not find it offensive others do. Please try to remember that all religions have skelitons and all (people) make mistakes because we are all yet not perfect. If you are trying to shake the cradle to see how far it will rock, well....its about ready to tip..so please tone the wind. :D please give others the same respect yo would want.

thank you bat

Laureltree

Originally posted by Winnie G@Aug 6 2004, 05:41 AM

What does that have to do with the Book Of Mormon Movie?

Cant we get passed the old issues and stay on topic?

Okay....current issues and stay on topic.

So, do you think that the Idaho film festival did the right thing in not allowing the film to be shown?

If so, would you feel the same way if the film in question had been Farenheight 9/11?

Originally posted by bat+Aug 6 2004, 06:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bat @ Aug 6 2004, 06:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Winnie G@Aug 6 2004, 05:41 AM

What does that have to do with the Book Of Mormon Movie?

Cant we get passed the old issues and stay on topic?

Okay....current issues and stay on topic.

So, do you think that the Idaho film festival did the right thing in not allowing the film to be shown?

If so, would you feel the same way if the film in question had been Farenheight 9/11?

:D