I'd still be alive.

My breath is getting shorter, Mom

I'm getting really scared.

These are my final moments,

And I'm so unprepared.

I wish that you could hold me Mom,

As I lie here and die.

Originally posted by shanstress70@Aug 25 2004, 07:16 AM

Thanks for that feel-good post first thing this morning!  Could it BE anymore depressing?

You are quite welcome.... Maybe a dose of reality will make someone think before drinking and driving. I know, this is a LDS site, but non-members also come here and read/post.

The subtitle did say SAD. If you want HAPPY then skip over it....you were warned. You chose to read.

BTW, get up on the wrong side of the bed did ya? Chill out.

Originally posted by Blessed@Aug 25 2004, 02:14 PM

Well, life is sometimes depressing. Just the way it is. I appreciated the poem and will keep it for when my son gets old enough to drive.

Thanks. Didn't really mean to be depressing - just a reality. I gave a copy to my daughter who is turning 18 and getting ready to drive.

Originally posted by Marsha+Aug 26 2004, 12:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marsha @ Aug 26 2004, 12:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--shanstress70@Aug 25 2004, 07:16 AM

Thanks for that feel-good post first thing this morning!  Could it BE anymore depressing?

You are quite welcome.... Maybe a dose of reality will make someone think before drinking and driving. I know, this is a LDS site, but non-members also come here and read/post.

The subtitle did say SAD. If you want HAPPY then skip over it....you were warned. You chose to read.

BTW, get up on the wrong side of the bed did ya? Chill out.

I should have used the 'wink' emoticon. I was really saying that in jest.

BTW, what makes you think that just b/c someone is a non-member they are prone to drinking and driving. I'm not a member and 1) I don't drink, 2) If I did (back when I did), I sure as heck wouldn't (didn't) drive!

Thanks though.

Originally posted by shanstress70@Aug 26 2004, 07:19 AM

BTW, what makes you think that just b/c someone is a non-member they are prone to drinking and driving. I'm not a member and 1) I don't drink, 2) If I did (back when I did), I sure as heck wouldn't (didn't) drive!

Thanks though.

Never said that, only pointed out that there are people from all walks that come here. But of course we already know that.

Have a good day.

I appreciate the poem, I think it took good thought and I will save it. It was sad though to see it get a little bickery over a little poem that will probably save us all a good lecture some day. I think we all at times need to be calm before responding, it works better.

Originally posted by LaurelTree@Aug 27 2004, 12:02 AM

I appreciate the poem, I think it took good thought and I will save it. It was sad though to see it get a little bickery over a little poem that will probably save us all a good lecture some day. I think we all at times need to be calm before responding, it works better.

Geez guys. Did I really sound that un-calm? I wasn't being serious. My fault for failing to use the winkie guy. ;) It was a thought-provoking poem. Thanks!

Originally posted by shanstress70+Aug 27 2004, 07:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shanstress70 @ Aug 27 2004, 07:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LaurelTree@Aug 27 2004, 12:02 AM

Geez guys. Did I really sound that un-calm? I wasn't being serious. My fault for failing to use the winkie guy. ;) It was a thought-provoking poem. Thanks!

Shantress,

No Problem. It is hard to "hear"or "see" - heck it is impossible - peoples emotions, thoughts, voice tone on the internet.

Hoping that you ae a great day.

Marsha

Originally posted by Marsha+Aug 27 2004, 07:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marsha @ Aug 27 2004, 07:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -shanstress70@Aug 27 2004, 07:53 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--LaurelTree@Aug 27 2004, 12:02 AM

Shantress,

No Problem. It is hard to "hear"or "see" - heck it is impossible - peoples emotions, thoughts, voice tone on the internet.

Hoping that you ae a great day.

Marsha

Thanks... same to ya! :)

Here are MY poems! :D

There was a young lady of Riga

Who smiled as she rode on a tiger;

They returned from the ride

With the lady inside,

And the smile on the face of the tiger.

There was a young lady named Laura,

Who went to the wilds of Angora,

She came back on a goat