What should I do??

MormonGirl28

Hi I am 17 years old and I am the Laurel president in my ward, there are only about 10-12 girls that are active and they are all very sweet and we get along just fine.

But there is this little problem, I want to be friends with one of the girls there, she just turned 16, she has two others sisters 12, and 15. When I say friends I mean to invite to the movies, sleep overs and to just hang out. My mom says that it would be rude if I just invite one sister and that I would be hurting the other 2 sisters feelings. Is it okay if I just invite one of them over, or am I being insensitive to the other 2?

Mormongirl:confused:

i don't think it would be rude. she's more your age than the others. maybe if she was 17 and her sister was 16, but i think you'd be fine in inviting just the one sister.

I agree with Lby, especially since you are both in Laurels class together, it's natural that you two would have the chance to get to know each other better than the others. Never stop worrying about the feelings of others, especially fellow young women, but know that it doesn't mean that spending time with one friend is excluding the others. If you were throwing a party and left some out, it might be a different story, but I don't believe you have an obligation to invite her sisters.

Sorry but I just gotta laugh when you say ONLY 10-12 girls are active. You gotta be in Utah right? We would kill for that number of active YW in my ward. Oh and I agree with Lby.

Hey Utah Hater - Our ward here in NSL has one young woman. She comes to RS for the opening exercises, leads the RS in the young women's theme and then goes to class with her 2 or 3 YW leaders. My hometown ward in Cali had a better YW activity rate than any Utah ward I've lived in. Maybe your Idaho ward is more like Utah wards than you'd like to think! :D

i don't think it's rude as long as you include them in other group activities. we all need some time away from our sisters too. my sis is 18 months older than me and after awhile it became hard always having the same friends. we needed some time apart occasionally.

you could always grab a couple of fun guys and call it a group date....then the others couldn't come. not old enough to date. :D