Rome Mormon Temple - New website

Heather

Can I get a website for the Denver temple?

You did a great job on the site, it looks great, but honestly I don't see why ANY temple should get a website. Nor do I see why the Roman temple should be singled out. What about that temple in the "Greater Kansas City area"? I'm putting my money on Independence Missouri - those who know their church history might think that's a bigger deal than Rome. Anywho, that's my opinion. But the Rome site does look pretty awesome, you should design my website :D

You did a great job on the site, it looks great, but honestly I don't see why ANY temple should get a website. Nor do I see why the Roman temple should be singled out. What about that temple in the "Greater Kansas City area"? I'm putting my money on Independence Missouri - those who know their church history might think that's a bigger deal than Rome. Anywho, that's my opinion. But the Rome site does look pretty awesome, you should design my website :D

A few years ago I remember that the Church requested that members remove all individually generated web sites relating to Church information. This was just prior to the official Church sites and the ward and stake sites that were made by the Church. I don't know if something different came out on the subject since then or not.

Actually we have domains for every temple. Some have the websites built out and some we are still working on. Rome just happened to be a very hot news topic, so we wanted to make sure good information was available. I too am really anxious to hear more about the exact location of the GKC temple.

A few years ago I remember that the Church requested that members remove all individually generated web sites relating to Church information. This was just prior to the official Church sites and the ward and stake sites that were made by the Church. I don't know if something different came out on the subject since then or not.

I never heard that one. I did hear the one that said all ward and stake websites needed to be taken down and that many members interpreted that to be all Church related websites needed to be taken down. After Elder Ballard's series of talks about "participating in new media," "creating blogs," joining the online conversation, etc, I don't think anyone should have that misconception now. We do however have open communcation with the Church and would drop anything if they told us we were overstepping any lines.