Dearest Dream Girl

RainofGold

A few weeks ago my daughter was very sad and disappointed because we don't have any priests in our ward and just a few in our stake. So it is hard to date lds boys and she doesn't like dating non-members. She is 17 and sometimes feels lonely because she wishes that she was going out more, but the boys around here have very low standards.

Well I found this on a church site (not official) and shared it with her.

Dearest Dream Girl,

You might not know me yet and I’m not sure I know who you are either, but you and I will be

in love someday. I think about you all the time. I wonder about what you look like, what things

you like to do, and what it is about you that will make me fall in love with you when I find you.

However, there are a few things that I know about you already; I know that you are a

faithful daughter of our Heavenly Father and that you have a testimony of the gospel. I

know that temple marriage is one of your goals and you don’t want to settle for less. I know

that you are sweet and kind and you are feminine and fun loving.

Although you like to laugh and have a good time, I know you look at life seriously.

Dream Girl, I’m not interested in the girl who gives her lips freely, or the girl who is immodest

in dress and conduct. I’m not interested in the girl who changes her standards to fit her

company, the girl who can’t see anything wrong with an occasional cigarette, and occasional

drink, or an occasional bout of immorality.

I’m not looking for you among questionable company. I’m not looking for you at shady parties

because you are not there.

Neither of us are perfect. Yet we will love each other for what we want to be as well as what

we are.

And when we both see eye to eye we will kneel hand in hand and seek the inspiration of the

Father. There will not be many tomorrow’s until we find each other. I’m waiting anxiously

for that day!

Stay sweet and pure because I’ll be looking for you. Until then, Sweet dreams,

Your Future Husband

• 1 month later...

That's a great poem, I have the wants of that poem, only... my trouble is that I like a non member.

non-members can still be great people. I dated a non-member and he ended up joining the church. He was a very good person before he joined, and he's still wonderful. There is no problem with dating or being friends with non-members. Just be careful that they don't have any negative influence on you. And you know what, even some church members can have a negative influence. To me, it doesn't matter if you are a member of my church, another church, or no church at all. Good people deserve to be treated like good people. :)

• 1 year later...