ur thoughts on seeing

maria1981

afternoon everyone,

sorry i had to ask this one as i cant find this anywhere on ur site,

i am of faith.....

i just wondered whot a morman thinks of people who see the other side (all the time infact)

i see people cross over leaving thier bodies i see the ones also who are trapped and the ones who are with god i have seane whot happens the moment u pass

i dont fear death at all i likes quite good infact

i hear things to

and no im not mad or anything and no im not of the devil

i belive in god without question and because i have seen this makes my belife even stronger i do not question god in anyway or his work he is everyones god

i do question earthly faith mind u after all no faith is set in stone is it,

after all how meny times has someone come along and said i dont like that bit lets change it (sorry to everyone who is offened)

anyhow im on this site to learn about morman faith and whot u belive in as im interested in ur teachings and church

i had to ask whot u thought about seeing and ur resons weather good or bad for or against

after all its all about the learning..

its interesting to see other peoples veiws

much love to everyone :)

The teachings of the church about "seeing the other side" are very limited. Most is just speculation. There are a few points of doctrine that have been given.

The Spirit World: We believe that everyone who dies their body remains on the Earth an their Spirit moves into a place called the Spirit world. There are two places in the Spirit world, one is the Spirit prison, the other is the Spirit Paradise. The Spirit world is may be defined as Heaven and Hell but it is not what LDS ulitmately define as Heaven and Hell. The Spirit world is a place where spirits wait for the resurection where we will be reunited with our perfected bodies and then be judged by God.

Our doctrine also has given us the location of the Spirit world. The location of teh Spirit world is right here on the Earth. The way i describe it is like a TV. The TV is only one location but has different channels.

Another point of doctrine is that occasionally Spirits from Paradise may come to us with a special mission.

I think that's pretty much all the church has officially said concerning interations between the Spirit world and our world.

Now on to my pesonal speculation: I believe it may be possible for people to see the other "channel" of the Spirit world, at least partly.

To explain my next point I must also explain some LDS doctrine, so just bear with me. We believe that we all existed as Spirits before this life. We lived with God. We reached the limits of our progression, meaning we learned all that we could and had done all that we could with our limits as spiritual beings. God wanted us to pregess and learn more so God presented a plan for us to gain physical bodies and learn about and experience physical things. God knew that becaue of the nature of physical things that we would do things that would make us unworthy to return to him. there was another Spirit there named Lucifer that presented another plan. In lucifers plan he would force everyone to do good and everyone would return to God. Lucifer wanted a reward for returning everyone to God, He wanted all of God's power. Some spirits liked lucifer's plan and chose to follow him instead of God. God cast out Lucifer and all those who followed Him. Everyone who chose to follow God will come to Earth and gain a physical body. Nobody who followed Lucifer(who became Satan) will ever gain a physical body. But those spirits who followed Lucifer come to the Earth and tempt us or try to trick us.

Ok now that that is as clear as mud I will explain my own personal theories.

I believe that Satan assignes certain spirits to tempt us. Satan knows us and knows which spirit can tempt us the best. I believe that those spirits become so attached to us and so involved in our lives that they may take on our traits and personalities. They don't become us obviously but they become like us. In their effecrt to weaken us at every turn they get so involved in our lives that they take on our behaviours. So after we die some of these spirits may continue to live out our lives even though we have moved on. They do this because this is what they have been so deeply involved in for about seventy years. This is where I believe hauntings come from.

Now i hope I did my job of confusing you more. Well I wasn't trying to confuse you but my explainations do tend to get lengthy.

The teachings of the church about "seeing the other side" are very limited. Most is just speculation. There are a few points of doctrine that have been given.

The Spirit World: We believe that everyone who dies their body remains on the Earth an their Spirit moves into a place called the Spirit world. There are two places in the Spirit world, one is the Spirit prison, the other is the Spirit Paradise. The Spirit world is may be defined as Heaven and Hell but it is not what LDS ulitmately define as Heaven and Hell. The Spirit world is a place where spirits wait for the resurection where we will be reunited with our perfected bodies and then be judged by God.

ok this is good and very interesting to me as a seeing person i know this to have flaws

u see we do all go to god and yes whjen we leave are body its jesus who comes to us and he asks

do u belive and except me

if u no u are trapped in ur own confusstion then u will have to find ur way back witch is hard

if u say yes witch most people who know they are before death will say yes

then he takes u in to the light

i have seen this happen it true

we dont just go to sleep we go to god and we got to the others who await are coming ie friends and family

but whot u say is still interesting as i did not know whot a morman would think on this or has to told about this

so thank you

Our doctrine also has given us the location of the Spirit world. The location of teh Spirit world is right here on the Earth. The way i describe it is like a TV. The TV is only one location but has different channels.

Another point of doctrine is that occasionally Spirits from Paradise may come to us with a special mission.

not always thier are all around us and i mean everywhere no joke

sometimes when we die we chose to go back to a time in our life witch we realy missed and love so we can play this out and live in that time only if we chose mind

and the ones i see like this they dont see me nore do they even try and make any contact they live out their own life with thier memories

odd but thats whot i see

I think that's pretty much all the church has officially said concerning interations between the Spirit world and our world.

Now on to my pesonal speculation: I believe it may be possible for people to see the other "channel" of the Spirit world, at least partly.

i see loads im also a dreamer witch means i get messages in my dreams from people who have passed and wont to tell their loved ones they are ok

they show me thier life and how they passed and the loved one they wont the message to go to

thier is so much more i could say

To explain my next point I must also explain some LDS doctrine, so just bear with me. We believe that we all existed as Spirits before this life. We lived with God. We reached the limits of our progression, meaning we learned all that we could and had done all that we could with our limits as spiritual beings. God wanted us to pregess and learn more so God presented a plan for us to gain physical bodies and learn about and experience physical things.

yes i belive this but a little different yes he wonts us to learn and thats whot life is about

nothing is good nore bad its all learning god will tell u this when u go through ur life as it is now when u pass u will be shown all the good an bad things and he will say its a leason for the learning

neathier good nore bad for the learning

God knew that becaue of the nature of physical things that we would do things that would make us unworthy to return to him. there was another Spirit there named Lucifer that presented another plan. In lucifers plan he would force everyone to do good and everyone would return to God. Lucifer wanted a reward for returning everyone to God, He wanted all of God's power. Some spirits liked lucifer's plan and chose to follow him instead of God. God cast out Lucifer and all those who followed Him. Everyone who chose to follow God will come to Earth and gain a physical body. Nobody who followed Lucifer(who became Satan) will ever gain a physical body. But those spirits who followed Lucifer come to the Earth and tempt us or try to trick us.

i belive this but when u are faced with something witch u may think is bad u know whot the intentions are u see and feel it as i do

i can not and i mean can not go to a grave yard without being bombared with good and bad the ones who try and trick u try so hard in the end thier true self comes out as i dont get tricked i see this and then they show thier true face and its not nice

my brother died when he was just a nipper i go to the grave yard to vist his grave so u see i have to go thier as much as i dont wont to

Ok now that that is as clear as mud I will explain my own personal theories.

I believe that Satan assignes certain spirits to tempt us. Satan knows us and knows which spirit can tempt us the best. I believe that those spirits become so attached to us and so involved in our lives that they may take on our traits and personalities. They don't become us obviously but they become like us. In their effecrt to weaken us at every turn they get so involved in our lives that they take on our behaviours. So after we die some of these spirits may continue to live out our lives even though we have moved on. They do this because this is what they have been so deeply involved in for about seventy years. This is where I believe hauntings come from.

funny i belive this too but its not quite like this if u dont know the difference between good and bad then u dont have trust and love in god as god will guid u trust me on that things do not turn nasty with god just love and peace with the bad u dont feel this it feels as if something is constantly norning at ur skin when its bad and all u wont to do is brush it off

this is strange u think that others live out our lives this is not truth but interesting u think this

hauntings are people who

dont know they are dead as they died in thier sleep or an accident

people who dont belive they are dead

someone who was murderd an is trying to get to god but is just so lost

or just that they like it thier and they dont see u but u see them

or someone who rejects god stays where they are and they have to find there own way to him

and of corse someone who was not a nice person in this life and wonts to upset the flow of things

but when they relize that they can just let go an move on then they will and again god will except them as long as they except him

sometime they can be traped by someone else

all of the above i see all the time

i have never been to heaven but i have seen the gates so to speak when i see jesus coming to get people with his own helpers and that persons loved ones i see all of this and hear their voices and watch as they go through the light

the light cames as a very tiny pin prick then just gets bigger and brighter then come jesus

and the person they come for is fixed on this and only this they dont look back they just smile and go even if they dont belive they do now

unless they reject i have not seen this this rejection but i have seen the outcome

concerning the devil u can never see him well i never have i just feel fear if thats around i have to get away run like mad and i panic i dont wont to face this

they say the devil is not real and its only just ur fears not a real being just u one day u will not only face god but ur fears too so they say...

not sure if thats true i have never seen someone face thier fear

i used to work in an old peoples home and faced this alot sometimes one of the women i would care would just sit thier talking to nothing and everyone would pay no attion she is mad

and yes fair to say some where just mad and would talk to nothing but this lady was talking to her mum i could see her mum and her family all around her and to them she was a young teenager becomeing and adult

yes i could see whot they see too but confessing i know but its all in the norm for me

i have been a seeing person since i was born i can remember being just 2 years old and seeing people who no-one else could see

and now my kids have the same thing my eldest sees my brother i know this as she talks about alex and i have never told her about him

thier is nothing satanic about any of this its just how things are my youngest is 1 year an i know she sees too

the only person in my home who doenst is my partner

but he feels people watching him and hears them moving around

we just live in a different dimention to them they walk passed u everyday ur loved ones watch over u all the time

Now i hope I did my job of confusing you more. Well I wasn't trying to confuse you but my explainations do tend to get lengthy.

ur comment was realy good i have enjoyed reading it and getting a better understanding of morman

massive thank you

this is realy cool being able to talk to a morman about htis something i thought would never happen

Hi Maria,

A few of my family members including myself have had experiences, not often, but enough to know there are spirits out there. I have seen things visually, As well as 'sensing' things, So has one of my sisters, my brother and his wife and my mother. We are all practicing and believeing Mormons.

I have heard quantum physics also confirms several other dimensions parallel to our own (maybe some of the more educated ones here can elaborate), some can see those other dimensions while the majority cannot. It has been refered to as 'the veil' in LDS belief. Imagine a veil over your face, some peoples veil is thinner than others.

Hi Maria,

A few of my family members including myself have had experiences, not often, but enough to know there are spirits out there. I have seen things visually, As well as 'sensing' things, So has one of my sisters, my brother and his wife and my mother. We are all practicing and believeing Mormons.

I have heard quantum physics also confirms several other dimensions parallel to our own (maybe some of the more educated ones here can elaborate), some can see those other dimensions while the majority cannot. It has been refered to as 'the veil' in LDS belief. Imagine a veil over your face, some peoples veil is thinner than others.

woow so u also have looked in to this too inculding ur physics too,

and yes thier is several this is so cool

as most faith people are very closed to this fact an dont wont to belive they think and i have been told to that it is the work of satan

but god is a god who can create everything things we no nothing about in this life but will remember when we pass over we are vailed

its realy cool that ur a morman and belive im not a morman but im realy interested in this faith and as a seeing no vailed person i wonted to know where i stand in ur faith weather this was ok or weather ur faith would not except me or except me

im realy happy with the out come so far u see when ur vail is lifted an u see u need protection from god a light protection so u can detach ur self from the sprit relm

or u can get to involed

i do ask god for guidence an so far been blessed

thanks to everyone for ur hinest replys;)

I have had several experiences its not a mormon thing its something I had before the church , Once I became a member the experiences changed Im more in tuned to it I dont see them I feel them and Hear them its been family recently deceased and a girl friend from high school, I can feel death but dont know when its going to happen.

Its weird but im glad I have it.

But the church does tell you the Vail is thinning and thats a sign of the second coming.

thats why I think anyone that can feel , see or hear spirits it only gets stronger for those people.

I had to edit this I see them in visits in dreams not in person, I have had several visits and you'll know the difference between a dream and a visit because you were really there and you can recall every detail and you dont forget it. after my grandmother passed in her room we got to spend time with her and I sat on her bed and held her hand and I said to myself I have her hand how is it I never noticed that , it wasnt her first visit but her second when I asked her is it really you , a picture of her hands filled my mind and that was her conformation she heard me and that its really her, she also warned me about an accident I was going to have and I did.

Edited by jolee65