Should We Be Able To Mosh At Youth Dances?

Guest &lusername&gt

shlould we be able to mosh at dances  

1. 1. shlould we be able to mosh at dances

• Heck yes!NO!NO, but they shoulb be able to play rock anyways

Guest &lusername&gt

At Youth Comferance, they wouldn't play any good rock songs not even Stairway to heaven! they said we would mosh and crap like that. We got a leader to approve a list of 14 songs, and they never played any of them , but they played a song about a song about a guy stalking a girl. idoit DJ. we got a group of 28 peole to say we would dance to -1 by mudvain, and we got 2 leaders to aprove the song, but they never played, it, saying there was no time left. there was still an hour left, and she took 4 other requests.

sorry but they choice thing is confusing me. can some one help, untill then just post your choice

1 Heck Yes!

2 No! I dont listen to rock

3 No, but they should still play rock anyways.

Hey Franken.

Have you ever heard of a mosh pit?

Moshing happens at almost every rock concert.

It is when all the crazy people get in a circle and head bang, dance, etc.

Bad things can happen. People have been killed, people do drugs.

In my opinion I think the whole mosh pit idea is stupid.

Nothing good can happen from it.

I'm sorry but that's how I feel. <_<

ooh... Well I've heard of Mosh pits, but I thought that was just where people'd jump from the stage into the crowd and have people carry them. I've definately heard of people being killed though, sounds like a stupid thing to do to me. If you want to have fun, you don't have to gather round in a circle, you can break out the techno moves in your own little area.

Guest &lusername&gt

there r 3 kinds of mosh pits.

Hard core/ hevey metal: pushing, punching, kicking. wepons are common. most people use gloves with spikes and spiked jackets. The best in my opinoin

Punk: lots of pushing, but not much hitting, lots of tackleing.

Cristion: push someone then say sory.

drugs are not found in mosh pits cuz you wouldn't be able to use em. that is done of to the edge of the crowd.

in the words of ac/dc "rock and roll aint noise pollution, rock and roll aint gunna die... "

I'm all for Rock music. I had the honor of being at a party in Hermosa Beach with James, Jason, and Lars of the Band Metallica. Great guys and I still try and talk them into going to church with me. I think rock music can have some of the deepest messages in its lyrics (and also the most retarded and obscene and pointless sometimes too)

BUT

Why mosh at a church dance? If you want to Mosh, go to a rock concert. Church dances are meant for social amd emotional growth. They are for getting to know your peers and "putting down some game" on the ladies. B) :lol:

Originally posted by <username>@Oct 22 2004, 02:53 PM

there r 3 kinds of mosh pits.

Hard core/ hevey metal: pushing, punching, kicking. wepons are common. most people use gloves with spikes and spiked jackets. The best in my opinoin

Punk: lots of pushing, but not much hitting, lots of tackleing.

Cristion: push someone then say sory.

drugs are not found in mosh pits cuz you wouldn't be able to use em. that is done of to the edge of the crowd.

in the words of ac/dc "rock and roll aint noise pollution, rock and roll aint gunna die... "

Moshing just sounds like promoting violence to me. There's nothing good in promoting violence is there?

rock has nothing to do with it. the guys at the dance this saturday that we had were definetly moshing. and all it was was a fast dance. they don't need the rock. and if even if they don't play rock there's still enough good songs that are up beat and clean.

i don't see what you're complaining about but the songs are pretty good. if you come to a dance to find friends then how are you going to be able to talk if there is rock playing?

Originally posted by gimpandproudofit+Oct 25 2004, 07:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gimpandproudofit @ Oct 25 2004, 07:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--toto@Oct 22 2004, 08:59 PM

you spelled Christan wrong.

haha you spelled Christian wrong too.... :lol:

lol I totally skimmed right past that.

they played stairway to heaven at our church dance. they made us snow ball to it. lol, cuz,a s most of you know, it's FOREVER long. we don't really have an issue with to mosh or not to mosh, i don't think it really matters, if you wanna have a circle of people jumping around, no one in our stake really cares.

Guest &lusername&gt

i love stairway to heaven. they wont even play that at the dances. danny, andy, and me tried to start a pit at youth comferance, but theyt stoped the song. but its okay, we got back at themn for that we requested safty dance, theb started to strip to it. all the learders except for ne thought it was funny. they were laughing even as they chewed us out. i love branch pres. castilo's versoin of what happened ( he is danny's dad) no, you dont need hard rock to mosh, but it works better with rock