It rained Missionaries today!

Guest DeborahC

Guest DeborahC

I went grocery shopping today and I guess every Missionary in Portland got checks from home or something because there must have been 10 of them in the store!

Everytime I turned down an aisle, there they were.

There they were again at the checkstand!

There they were again in the parking lot.

It was hilarious!:P

A year ago I was having a BAD day. So I decided to treat myself and the babies and we went to A&W. Well, who walks in but 8 missionaries! We all had lunch together and my day was much better. In fact, I think of that day very often. I'm so grateful that they had the spirit with them that day and were able to bring it to me:)

Guest SisterofJared

Hey, we ran into a bunch of missionaries at A&W once, too. We bought their lunch for them, so it was fun, because they are generally on a tight budget, and it's fun to be able to give them a little something.

Once when we ran into them in the grocery story, we bought them each a gift card from the store that they could use to buy their food. That was fun, too.

Poor missionaries are always so darn broke! LOL.

SoJ

Guest GhostRider

I bumped into a few of them at BW3. here they tend to see who can eat the most wings..since it is all you can eat in a minute..so far there are 3 sets of elders that have thier pictures up on the wall!!! lol

Hey, we ran into a bunch of missionaries at A&W once, too. We bought their lunch for them, so it was fun, because they are generally on a tight budget, and it's fun to be able to give them a little something.

Once when we ran into them in the grocery story, we bought them each a gift card from the store that they could use to buy their food. That was fun, too.

Poor missionaries are always so darn broke! LOL.

SoJ

I think that being broke all the time is what teaches missionaries how to be frugal, which is a good thing to learn. I've seen them at Target wearing jeans, so I guess it was their day off to do things such as shopping and laundry. If it weren't for their nametags, they would have looked just like any student at the nearby university.