This Is For The Men Of This Board

john doe

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by curvette+Nov 10 2004, 01:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Nov 10 2004, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Setheus@Nov 9 2004, 04:55 PM

Now why would you start with the insults?  That is a sign of weakness and uncertanty. 

What insult? Asking you if you are a teenager? I was completely sincere. I think I initially had you confused with another poster because your posts suddenly seem extremely immature. I was going to cut you some slack if you are a teenager because I know that young people have very limited experience to draw on.

Now come on curvette, ma cherie. How many times have I mentioned life experience that if I were a teen I must be 18 or 19 minimum. I've mentioned combat experience, I have a child, etc. And the past few posts I have made were direct quotes from the TEXAS Penal Code. How is that immature?

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Ray@Nov 9 2004, 05:05 PM

I feel very passionately about human life--especially children. I don't support abortion at any time. But, I do NOT think that very early abortions are the same as late term abortions.

Not the same how? Where do you draw the line between what is right and what is wrong?

I'm not drawing the line between right and wrong, I'm trying to see the line between abortion and murder. I think that the point where the spirit enters the body is very important in this matter. If the spirit enters the body at conception, than all abortion is equal to murder, and miscarriage is equal to death. I personally did not grieve my very early miscarriage in any way close to how I would have grieved a pregnancy where I had felt life. I personally don't believe that the spirit does enter the body at conception. You respond to my posts as if you think I'm condoning early abortions. I don't. Please read my posts more thoroughly before you respond to them.

Even moss and algie and primitive bacteria are "alive". So how much more so is a human zygoat alive!

We don't "join the church" once we have reached the "stage" of decon or teacher. So why would we "enter our body" only after reaching a certain "stage" of development?

Hey Ray, you can't be a "full member" of the church until you become at least a priest but would prefer you be an elder. ;)

Originally posted by curvette+Nov 10 2004, 02:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Nov 10 2004, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Setheus@Nov 9 2004, 04:55 PM

Now why would you start with the insults?  That is a sign of weakness and uncertanty. 

What insult? Asking you if you are a teenager? I was completely sincere. I think I initially had you confused with another poster because your posts suddenly seem extremely immature. I was going to cut you some slack if you are a teenager because I know that young people have very limited experience to draw on.

The reason why teenagers are immature is bacause their frontal lobes are not in line with the brain yet.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Setheus@Nov 10 2004, 07:21 PM

We don't "join the church" once we have reached the "stage" of decon or teacher. So why would we "enter our body" only after reaching a certain "stage" of development?

What on earth are you talking about? Your posts make absolutely no sense. We "join the church" when we are baptized.

Originally posted by curvette+Nov 11 2004, 08:17 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Nov 11 2004, 08:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Setheus@Nov 10 2004, 07:21 PM

We don't "join the church" once we have reached the "stage" of decon or teacher.  So why would we "enter our body" only after reaching a certain "stage" of development?

What on earth are you talking about? Your posts make absolutely no sense. We "join the church" when we are baptized.

EXACTLEY MY POINT! Since we are members AS SOON AS we are baptized then we are "fully human" as soon as we are created (sperm meets egg). My point was we don't become "fully human" only once we're out of the womb just like we don't become "fully members" only once we've recieved a calling or made it to the elders quarim.

My posts make complete sence. Perhaps you need to align your frontal lobes? :P

"The real question today is not when human life begins, but, 'What is the value of human life?' The abortionist who reassembles the arms and legs of a tiny baby to make sure all its parts have been torn from its mother's body can hardly doubt whether it is a human being."

President Ronald Reagan, (1983).

Guest curvette
Originally posted by Setheus@Nov 11 2004, 09:10 AM

We don't "join the church" once we have reached the "stage" of decon or teacher.  So why would we "enter our body" only after reaching a certain "stage" of development?

You don't know our church doctrines very well, do you?

Originally posted by curvette@Nov 11 2004, 12:56 PM

You don't know our church doctrines very well, do you?

Yes I do. After all, if I'm going to follow something I'd better know what its about haddnt I?

Oh, and I've already cleared up your misunderstanding of that quote so you must be dragging it up again to avoid the fact that what I say makes sence. Here I'll post it again for you.

"EXACTLEY MY POINT! Since we are members AS SOON AS we are baptized then we are "fully human" as soon as we are created (sperm meets egg). My point was we don't become "fully human" only once we're out of the womb just like we don't become "fully members" only once we've recieved a calling or made it to the elders quarim."

Guest TheProudDuck

Seems to me that abortion, especially late-term abortion, even if it doesn't fall under the prohibition "thou shalt not kill," certainly falls within the D&C's addition "nor do anything like unto it."

I visited the "Body Worlds" exhibit at the science museum at Exposition Park a month of so ago. (It's a travelling German exhibit that displays "plastinated" real human bodies, in various states of disassembly so you can see what various systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive, etc.) work.) There was one section with human fetuses at various stages of development. Even the two-month fetuses look so human that I couldn't imagine being a person whose job it was to destroy them.

Guest TheProudDuck

Originally posted by Setheus@Nov 12 2004, 02:24 PM

Scott Peterson was just convicted of 2nd degree murder of his UNBORN son. Now how can that be when Dr's do essentally the same thing?

Curious. :blink:

Because courts have decided there's a constitutional right to abortion, which trumps all inconsistencies.